10 Things You Should Always Eat at Magic Kingdom, According to a Food Editor

Knowing a thing or two about Disney World food is essentially my whole job. Okay, there’s more to it than that — but let’s just say the “research” part of it — trying new snacks — is my favorite part.

wdw-2023-mk-magic-kingdom-partners-statu

Disney World

But, when it comes to Magic Kingdom, it can be hard to figure out which snacks are worth your time and which ones are best left alone. Luckily, you have a new food editor best friend — and I’m telling you exactly what you should always eat in Magic Kingdom.

Click here to subscribe

I hope you’ve already eaten, because you’re going to be incredibly hungry after reading this — don’t say I didn’t warn you. There’s a reason these are on my must-eat list for Magic Kingdom!

Fresh Fruit OR Spicy Chicken Waffle

I am here to sing the praises of not one, but two different waffles. The Nutella & Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich or the Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in Liberty Square. The Nutella version is a classic Belgian waffle topped with a slather of rich, chocolatey Nutella and then smothered with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and banana.

2021-wdw-disney-world-atmosphere-magic-k

Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

If you’re looking for a more savory and sweet sandwich, try the Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich. This sandwich is a deep-fried battered chicken breast ladled with some tasty sweet-and-spicy sauce. It is topped with a crunchy, tangy slaw and placed in a golden waffle. It’s the perfect combination of spicy and sweet, and it’s not too spicy either!

2022-wdw-magic-kingdom-liberty-square-sl

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich

You may find that the fresh fruit waffle is only available at breakfast on occasion (so before 11AM) but we’ve seen it available all day lately! And, let’s be honest — who doesn’t want to eat waffles all day long?

Cheeseburger Spring Rolls

I will wait in an absurdly long line for Cheeseburger Spring Rolls, which are meaty, cheesy spring rolls that taste like a fast food cheeseburger, but surrounded by a golden, crispy shell instead of a bun. Usually, the Spring Roll Cart will offer Cheeseburger Spring Rolls along with one other specialty spring roll.

2023-wdw-mk-adventureland-spring-roll-ca

Cheeseburger Spring Roll

The specialty flavors tend to rotate, but they’ve had ones like Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls, Reuben Spring Rolls, Pepperoni Pizza Spring Rolls, and Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls. You get two spring rolls with your order, so you can get two of the same or one of each. They’re the perfect savory snack for when you want something delicious on the go!

Corn Dog Nuggets OR Hand-Dipped Corn Dog

Want to take your snack on the go? Look no further than  Corn Dog Nuggies at Casey’s Corner. I’m not going to lie — I am extremely passionate about corn dogs so this suggestion may be biased. You get a little basket full of these fried, golden, delicious mini corn dogs that are perfectly poppable. Oh, and if you don’t order a side of plastic cheese for dipping — you are absolutely doing it wrong.

2022-wdw-atmos-mk-caseys-corner-corn-dog

Have you ever seen something so beautiful?

Here’s the thing, though. The Hand-dipped Corn Dog over at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments is a literal work of art. This bad boy means business and has the heft to prove it, so it isn’t for the faint of heart! But, the freshly fried, hand-dipped dog is what (my) dreams are made of.

2022-wdw-magic-kingdom-liberty-square-sl

She’s lovely.

Thank you for visiting Sam’s Corn Dog Corner™.

Dole Whip

Let’s be real, here — it’s not a roundup of Magic Kingdom snacks without mentioning Dole Whip at Aloha Isle in Adventureland, right? Dole Whip has become a super popular Disney World snack and now you can find a version of it in all of the parks and even a dedicated spot, Swirls on the Water, in Disney Springs.

2022-wdw-mk-magic-kingdom-aloha-isle-ref

Pineapple Dole Whip

You can snag the original pineapple flavor, but they also serve vanilla and coconut flavors here too! And, if you’re looking for something extra fancy — grab the Tropical Serenade. It’s coconut Dole Whip swirled into a cup of the Disney-famous POG Juice (which is Passionfruit, Orange, and Guava) with an upside-down pineapple cake pop!

Cheshire Cat Tail

Looking for something sweet? The Cheshire Cat Tail at Cheshire Cafe in Fantasyland might be just the thing. This is basically a Chocolate Danish Twist dressed up with drizzles of pink and purple icing to resemble the mysterious and charming Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

wdw-2022-mk-magic-kingdom-cheshire-cafe-

The Cheshire Cat Tail is an iconic Magic Kingdom snack

It’s simple, but sometimes that’s just what you need. I love grabbing a Cheshire Cat Tail and cold brew coffee for a quick and light breakfast when I’m in Magic Kingdom! It’s not too heavy for a day of walking around and riding rides!

Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Tots

The Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Tots at The Friar’s Nook in Fantasyland is a generous serving of super creamy mac and cheese topped with bacon and sour cream and garnished with green onions. Oh yeah — and tater tots. This is the opposite of a light snack but sometimes that’s exactly what you need!

friars-nook-creamy-bacon-macaroni-and-ch

Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Tots at The Friar’s Nook

If you’re not feeling the tots (I have one question: what is wrong with you?) you can order just the Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese on its own, too. It’s just as good, but come on. Potatoes! You can boil ’em, mash ’em, stick ’em in a stew. No? Must be a Sam thing.

Warm Cinnamon Roll

If you’re looking for a tasty and filling breakfast, try the Warm Cinnamon Roll, but honestly, this cinnamon roll is too good to restrict to just one meal. This thing is HUGE and definitely shareable. It can definitely be dry at times, so asking for extra icing on the side is essential — and that’s coming from someone who is typically icing-averse.

2022-wdw-magic-kingdom-fantasyland-gasto

Is this the best cinnamon roll in Disney World?

And, the icing on this cinnamon roll is what really sets it apart from other cinnamon rolls. The thick and creamy icing has a hint of maple flavor, which really compliments the cinnamon flavor. It makes for a great snack or dessert!

Peanut Butter Cookie Pie

I’m a peanut butter lover, so anytime there’s a dessert with peanut butter on the menu — it’s a pretty safe bet I’ll be ordering it. The Peanut Butter Cookie Pie from Main Street Confectionery is perfect because it’s not too sweet. This huge, soft, thick peanut butter cookie is topped with chocolate frosting. “But Sam, you said you didn’t like icing!” I know, I know.

wdw-2022-magic-kingdom-eat-everything-on

Hello Beautiful

The chocolate frosting here serves an incredibly important purpose — as mortar for the Peanut M&Ms sprinkled on top! There’s also a bunch of peanut butter chips baked throughout the cookie base, which adds some nice texture and even MORE peanut butter flavor. Okay, now I’m drooling.

At the end of the day, everyone has different tastes, but if you don’t agree with mine then you’re probably wrong. Kidding, of course! Stay tuned to DFB for the latest Disney World snack news, and check out more food reviews below!

These Are the BEST Snacks at EPCOT and You Can’t Convince Me Otherwise

What’s your favorite snack in Magic Kingdom? Tell us in the comments.

The post 10 Things You Should Always Eat at Magic Kingdom, According to a Food Editor first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article