Tons of People Make This Disney World App MISTAKE on Their Vacations — Don’t Be One of Them!

One of the first things we tell folks before they visit Disney World for the first time is to get familiar with the My Disney Experience app.

2022-EPCOT-Genie-Plus-Phone-Pictures-1-7

Using the My Disney Experience app

That’s because the My Disney Experience app is literally your key to Disney World (and the key to your Disney World hotel room). You’ll use the app for everything from mobile ordering food to getting into the parks to buying Genie+. But there’s one thing you MUST do BEFORE you ever step foot on Disney World property in the app. 

If you are traveling to Disney World with friends and family, you MUST link all your accounts together in the app. That will allow you to share plans with everyone in your group, as well as book Lightning Lanes together, share dining reservations, sign up for virtual queues, and share PhotoPass photos.

2024-wdw-Magic-Kingdom-cinderella-castle

Don’t forget to link your friends and family

We’re going to tell you exactly how to do this. First, you’ll want to Open the My Disney Experience app and click on the three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner of the home screen.

2024-wdw-mde-my-disney-experience-app-di

©Disney

Scroll down  a bit and choose “Profile.”

2024-wdw-mde-my-disney-experience-app-di

©Disney

Click on the tab that says “Family & Friends List.”

2022-my-disney-experience-disney-world-a

©Disney

Scroll down and click on “Add a Guest.” You’ll be given several options. If you have guests already connected, you can find them through there. You can also scan their linking code (which can be found in the app). Or you can manually enter their name and age. Note that you must add their birthday if they’re under the age of 18. Once you’re done, click on “Add Guest” at the bottom. Scanning the linking code is probably the easiest way to link someone to your account.

2022-my-disney-experience-disney-world-a

©Disney

That’s it! Once you have everyone linked, you’ll be able to share all your plans and use the app as a group when you visit Disney World. That’s why you need to link everyone’s accounts before you leave for your trip.

Stay tuned to DFB for more Disney World tips!

Sneaky Disney World App Tricks That Will Make You Look Like a Genius

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

What’s your best thing to remember when it comes to the My Disney Experience app before a trip? Let us know in the comments!

The post Tons of People Make This Disney World App MISTAKE on Their Vacations -- Don't Be One of Them! first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article