2025 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Completely SOLD OUT

As a runDisney fanatic, I’m super glad that the Disney World races are seeming to increase in popularity.

2024-announcement-for-2025-wdw-walt-disn

©Disney

After all, who doesn’t want to galavant through empty Disney parks in a fun costume while also meeting tons of RARE Disney characters? And THEN you get to wear an adorable medal around the parks! It’s super fun, and I’m happy that the events are starting to get the attention they deserve. However, there IS a downside to this increase in popularity.

Y’all, these races sell out like HOT CAKES. Lately, it seems that it takes longer and longer to get through that online queue to grab a spot in the races. It’s also becoming common for a lot of folks to be waiting in said queue and not get a spot at all!

2023-wdw-espn-wide-world-of-sports-runDi

Loungefly and other merch at a runDisney expo

On April 9th, registration opened for the 2025 Disney World Marathon Weekend, which hosts the ONLY full marathon in the Disney Parks. It’s a popular event that only seems to be gaining popularity with each passing year.

2023-wdw-espn-wide-world-of-sports-runDi

runDisney merch

This year, I was only able to snag a spot in the Half Marathon after waiting in line for nearly two hours. By the time I was able to register, everything except for the half and full were sold out. The full was sold out by the time I finished my half registration.

2024-rundisney-registration-sold-out-700

©Disney

Well, if you were hoping to register…I hope you got registered. Otherwise, it seems that you’re out of luck. 😭 There are plenty of other races to participate in, though, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated with information on upcoming races as we have it. Make sure to follow along here so that you’re always in the loop.

Looking for more Disney News? Click here!

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

Did you register for the 2025 Disney World Marathon Weekend? Let us know in the comments! 

The post 2025 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Completely SOLD OUT first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article