Former Flight Attendant Spills Her Single BEST Carry-on Tip

Are you heading to Disney World or some other exciting destination soon? YAY!

Southwest-Airplane-Wing-4-700x525.jpg

Southwest Plane

If you are flying there, I thought I’d share a tip. You see, I used to be a flight attendant for a major airline…and I’ve seen some things, especially when it comes to luggage. So, I thought I’d share my tip for your carry on bags!

So you probably know this but sometimes checked luggage gets lost…SHOCKER, right?! But that’s not all that could potentially happen to that checked luggage. For instance, it could also end up getting soaked.

Amazon-Carry-On-Luggage-Creator-Connecti

Amazon Carry-On Luggage

I can’t tell you the number of times that the people who load and unload the luggage had to hustle inside due to lightning and the luggage was left out on the runway. These employees have to leave the runway for safety reasons and sadly end up having to leave your luggage to the elements for a bit. So if you don’t have hard-sided luggage, everything you brought with you will end up wet in this situation. 🙃

2024-sfb-orlando-sanford-airport-atmo-al

Sanford Airport

This is why I recommend bringing a spare pair of clothes, a set of PJs, and undergarments in your carry-on. Then if your luggage is lost or if everything you own looks like it has taken a dip in the pool, you will still have something to get you through the following day. I also personally like to bring my tooth brush and any other items like medication in my carry-on just in case!

When in comes to carry-on bags, most airlines have similar guidelines for what sizes they allow onboard. But I personally like to bring a bag that is guaranteed to fit under my seat. When that flight gets full and everyone is stuffing the overhead bins with luggage, jackets, purses, and who knows what else, you might end up being the person that is asked to check your carry-on luggage under the plane. It happens all the time! But if you are hoping to have those spare clothes and things with you for just in caseys, then I suggest bringing a carry-on that can fit under the seat in front of you.

Southwest-737-Airplane--700x525.jpg

Southwest Cabin

Then there is no need to check that bag and you should be a-OK to bring it and your necessities onboard even if all the overhead bins are full!

This is just a piece of my personal experience and how I handle my carry-on when I travel now. Looking for more travel tips? Check out our links below.

I Travel Full Time. Here Are the Things I ALWAYS Do When I Get to My Hotel Room.

DON’T Use This Viral Airport Hack … Unless You Want Eye Daggers From Everyone on Your Flight

9 Fool-Proof HACKS for Traveling With Kids to Disney World

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

Do you have any travel questions? Reach out below and we will do our best to get them answered for you! 

The post Former Flight Attendant Spills Her Single BEST Carry-on Tip first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article