Look What My Editor Made Me Do in Disney World

I’m a Disney World reporter, and I’ve done some pretty wild things to get content for our readers.

2020-wdw-walt-disney-world-disneys-carib

Caribbean Beach Resort

I’ve carried snacks halfway across the park to get pictures in front of Cinderella Castle, I’ve ridden the same ride four times in a row to get footage, and I’ve stayed in the parks well past midnight on more than one occasion — it’s all part of the job. But recently, I took a visit to Disney World where my editor made me do something pretty ridiculous!

We often get asked by our readers what the BEST hotel rooms in Disney World are. And it’s a valid question! If you’re going to be spending the money to stay on-site, then you’ll definitely want to get the best room possible. But to find out which rooms were the best, my editor had me do some very bizarre research that required laser-focused concentration and made quite a feel people give me wary looks.

2024-wdw-atmo-disneys-art-of-animation-h

Art of Animation

We recently wrote an article detailing the best rooms at a variety of resorts, and that list included the numbers for rooms that are the CLOSEST to the Skyliner stations around Disney World. To find those rooms, I had to visit each of the Skyliner resorts in turn and physically count the steps to the nearest station.

2023-wdw-atmos-disneys-caribbean-beach-r

Caribbean Beach Skyliner Station

Unfortunately, I don’t own a smartwatch that counts my steps, and my phone isn’t always accurate in relaying the number to me. Because of this, I rode the Skyliner to each hotel, found the closest rooms, and then physically counted my steps back to the stations. Out loud. If you want proof of my data, check out the results at the link below!

Click Here to See Which Rooms Are Closest to the Skyliner!

2023-wdw-disney-resorts-skyliner-resorts

Disney’s Riviera Resort

In the process, I was stopped by cars, interrupted by Cast Members, and many concerned looks were cast my way. But the mania didn’t stop there! Nope, after I finished my Skyliner count, my editor gave me an even more difficult task — to find the hotel room closest to Magic Kingdom.

2024-WDW-Magic-Kingdom-Entrance-Atmo-1-1

Magic Kingdom Entrance

After some map glances and strategic planning, I determined that the closest hotel room to Magic Kingdom would be located at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (considering the fact that all the regular Contemporary Resort tower rooms are on the upper floors). So I started my journey at Magic Kingdom and took the walking path from the park to Bay Lake Tower, counting all my steps along the way.

disney-world-magic-kingdom-contemporary-

Contemporary Walkway

While my other counting adventures hadn’t surpassed 300 steps, this one took me a whopping 1,006 steps from start to finish. I think I was really weirding out the families I passed, since I was whispering to myself, but I discovered that the closest hotel rooms to Magic Kingdom are Rooms 7111, 7109, 7132, or 7134 at Bay Lake Tower. 

2023-wdw-disneys-contemporary-resort-bay

Disney’s Bay Lake Tower

It was a labor of love, but I completed the challenge! Just another day in the life of a DFB reporter, you guys. We do wild things to answer your questions and bring the best content, but it’s totally worth it to help our readers have the best vacations!

2024-wdw-atmo-mk-magic-kingdom-cinderell

Cinderella Castle

So if you want more updates from the parks and tips for your trip, stay tuned to DFB! We’ll go to the ends of Disney World for you! (And count our steps along the way.)

Click Here to Check Out the Best Hotel Rooms in Disney World!

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

Which hotel rooms in Disney World are your favorites? Tell us in the comments!

The post Look What My Editor Made Me Do in Disney World first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article