The Horrifying Lesson I Learned in a Disneyland Bathroom

As an avid Disney fan who has been to the parks hundreds of times, I’ve experienced my fair share of Disney disasters!

2024-dlr-disneyland-sleeping-beauty-cast

Disneyland

From losing my cell phone in the parks to extreme sunburn to literally stepping in someone else’s sick while wearing sandals (yes, that happened to me in EPCOT!), I’ve seen and been through quite a bit. But there’s one horrifying lesson I learned in a Disneyland bathroom, and I want to share it with you so you can learn from my mistakes!

During a recent trip out to the West Coast, I visited California Adventure on a particularly sunny day. Since it was bright outside, I opted to wear my favorite sunglasses to the park, hanging them on the front of my shirt whenever I walked indoors momentarily. 

2024-DLR-DCA-Atmo-3-700x525.jpg

Disney California Adventure

However, I was also wearing a v-neck shirt, and that choice of storage for my sunglasses proved to be a major problem when I stepped into a bathroom stall, leaned over the toilet to grab a seat cover, and promptly watched my sunglasses complete the fall of doom into the bowl below. Fishing them out before the toilet automatically flushed was not an experience that I would like to repeat!

2021-DLR-DCA-disney-california-adventure

Restrooms in Lamplight Lounge

I learned a few things that day, the first being that the miniature pack of Clorox wipes I had stowed in my backpack were particularly useful! I’d already been using them to clean off sticky tables and wipe snack residue from my hands, but when my sunglasses took a nose-dive into potty water, I had never been so thankful for those wipes. (I also washed the sunglasses twice with soap and hot water, just in case!)

yak-and-yeti-store-clorox-wipes-hand-san

Clorox Wipes

Also, that disastrous visit to the bathroom made me realize that Disney park bathrooms are sorely lacking in storage space! It would be incredibly beneficial for them to have small shelves in the stalls for things like wallets, sunglasses, or your phone. As it is, most of the Disney World and Disneyland Resort public bathrooms only have hooks on the walls or doors. And that doesn’t help the people with smaller belongings!

2022-wdw-epcot-connections-cafe-and-eate

Disney bathrooms need more storage!

Finally, I’ll let you know that it’s probably a bad idea to hang your sunglasses on your shirt while galavanting around the theme parks. (And yes, I do own a glasses case — I was just being lazy at the moment! 😂) Outside of this incident, I’ve also had my sunglasses fly off my shirt during a roller coaster (thankfully, the person behind me caught them in a SPECTACULAR display of reflexes!), so you’ll either want to keep a glasses case or a glasses chain on hand to prevent these problems.

2023-wdw-mk-adventureland-island-supply-

Disney100 Ray-Ban sunglasses

Hopefully, you learned from my mistakes and you’ll join me in my dream of bathroom shelves for public restrooms — they would be so useful!

Stay tuned to DFB for more theme park tips and updates.

Disney Experts Share 20 Pieces of Advice You Shouldn’t Follow Anymore — Click Here!

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

What’s the most disastrous mistake you’ve made in a Disney park? Let us know in the comments!

The post The Horrifying Lesson I Learned in a Disneyland Bathroom first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article