NEWS: Disney+ Removed From Teslas Following Conflict Between Elon Musk and Bob Iger

Disney4me

After a series of interactions between Disney CEO Bob Iger and Elon Musk, Disney+ has officially been removed from Tesla vehicles.

disney_logo-700x394.jpg

©Disney

This update came about a month after Disney and several other companies removed advertising from X (formerly Twitter). Disney and others chose to do this following comments made by Elon Musk that were deemed antisemitic. Iger stated publicly that he “…felt that the association was not necessarily a positive one for us”, and that is why he decided to pull Disney’s advertising. All of this led to Musk commenting on the situation at a live event… using some choice words. Then, he took to X (formerly Twitter) and shared more of his thoughts in a series of tweets. Now, we have an additional update on the conflict.

In an article written by Vulture, it was confirmed that Musk officially removed the Disney+ app from Teslas. Musk has not given a statement regarding his reasoning or commented on the situation.

elon-musk-getty-images-2-700x392.png

©Getty Images via The Hollywood Reporter

Plenty of Tesla drivers have noticed the removal of the Disney+ app. Vulture reported that even people who downloaded the Disney+ app noticed it was removed. There is a workaround to be able to get Disney+ back in your car, but it is a lot less convenient. To get access to Disney+ in your Tesla, you have to go into the browser, type in the URL for the website, and log in from there.

elon-musk-getty-images-700x391.png

©Getty Images via The Hollywood Reporter

All of this stemmed, as we mentioned, from Iger’s decision to remove advertising on X (formerly Twitter) after Musk endorsed some tweets deemed antisemitic. In a live media event, Musk made his feelings about this clear. He stated, “Don’t advertise. If someone is going to try and blackmail me with advertising? Blackmail me with money? Go f**k yourself,” Musk said. “Go f**k yourself, is that clear? Hey Bob, if you’re in the audience. That’s how I feel, don’t advertise.”

Screen-Shot-2023-09-18-at-8.56.29-PM-700

©Disney

This was followed by some tweets on X from Musk. He wrote, “Bob Eiger thinks it’s cool to advertise next to child exploitation material. Real stand-up guy.” He later apologized (for the tweets, that is) and stated, “I mean, look, I’m sorry for that … post,” he said. “It was foolish of me. Of the 30,000 it might be literally the worst and dumbest post I’ve ever done.”  

Disney-CEO-Bob-Iger-wwdc-23-keynote-appl

©Apple

We’ve been watching this unfold in the news recently, and we are keeping an eye out for the latest updates. We’ll let you know what we hear next, so keep checking in with us at DFB for the latest updates.

CEO Bob Iger Responds to One of Disney’s Biggest Criticisms

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

What is your favorite app to stream movies on? Let us know in the comments below!

The post NEWS: Disney+ Removed From Teslas Following Conflict Between Elon Musk and Bob Iger first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article