We’re Having Serious FOMO Over This Party at Disney’s Pop Century Hotel

Disney4me

Few Disney World hotels have a hold on us like Pop Century.

2023-wdw-pop-century-resort-hotel-atmo-3

Disney’s Pop Century Resort

We can’t explain it! This value resort is known for its quirky decor, fun pool bar, low prices compared to other resorts, and more. And, Pop Century recently celebrated a pretty big milestone — its 20th Anniversary! Disney partied in a major way, and we have to say — we’re a little jealous we didn’t get an invite.

Click here to subscribe

Disney’s Pop Century Resort hotel just celebrated its 20th anniversary! The hotel opened on December 14th, 2003, and quickly became an iconic value resort on property. But, get this — 20 of the opening day Cast Members still work at Pop Century today!

It’s true, and those 20 Cast Members gathered to share stories as they reflected on their careers.

2023-wdw-pop-century-20th-anniversary-ca

©Disney

“I have lots of energy and passion for Disney’s Pop Century Resort,” said Claudia, who works in Guest Services. “I love being part of guests’ vacations … the past 20 years working here has been an incredibly rewarding experience.”

“Pop Century helped me grow as a person and a cast member,” Terri, a Concierge Cast Member, said. “I learn from my fellow cast members every day; they are a second family to me.”

©Disney

“Have you seen our resort?” Bob, a Front Desk Cast Member, said. “Look at the atmosphere, all of the fun theming and special Disney character touches everywhere. Oh, and the Disney Skyliner is here, my favorite! There’s a reason why families keep coming back to stay with us.”

2023-wdw-atmo-disney-skyliner-station-ar

Skyliner Station at Disney Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

From the 1950s through the 1990s, various areas of the Resort represent the different decades. They’re characterized by larger-than-life icons from the periods. Connected to the lobby and main check-in area is Everything POP Shopping and Dining. This is the main dining and retail location for the Resort with plenty of merchandise, including unique-to-Pop Century items

You’ll find plenty of room options, including Standard Rooms, Standard Pool View Rooms, Preferred Rooms, or Preferred Pool View Rooms for their Pop Century stay.

©Disney

20 years of Pop Century and 20 Cast Members who have been there since the very beginning of it all! That’s definitely something worth celebrating.

We’ll be on the hunt for more, so stay tuned to DFB for the latest news from around Disney World and more!

EVERYTHING You Need To Know About Staying at Disney’s Pop Century Hotel

Have you stayed at Disney’s Pop Century hotel? Tell us in the comments!

The post We're Having Serious FOMO Over This Party at Disney's Pop Century Hotel first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article