Ranking Everything We Ate at the NEW Cookie Bar in Disney World

Disney4me

Did you know that Disney World has a COOKIE BAR now?!

wdw-2023-disney-springs-summer-house-on-

Cookiessssss

Summer House on the Lake is a new restaurant in Disney Springs, and it opened with its own walk-up Cookie Bar on December 14th, 2023. You don’t need a reservation at the restaurant to check out The Cookie Bar, and if you’re in the mood for sweets, you’ll be happy to know that they have more than 15 different options! We stopped by on the first day it was open to try out some treats — and here’s how they ranked.

Atmosphere

To visit the cookie bar, there’s a separate entrance to the left of the main entrance for the restaurant. You can also walk over from any of the dining rooms in the restaurant.

Entrance to The Cookie Bar from the restaurant

If you’re just stopping by, The Cookie Bar is available as a walk-up. There wasn’t a queue on opening day, so you likely won’t have long waits to get in here like they do over at Gideon’s Bakehouse. If you’re dining in the restaurant, you can order cookies from The Cookie Bar and have them brought to your table.

The Cookie Bar

When I was waiting outside the restaurant on opening day, an employee was handing out menu cards with a QR code — using the code, you’ll be directed to a webpage where you can see the flavors available on any given day. On the first day, there were more than 15 treats on the menu.

2023-wdw-disney-springs-summer-house-on-

The Cookie Bar card

The webpage from the QR code also has the option to “order online” but the system hasn’t been up and running so far. We’ll keep you updated if mobile ordering becomes available!

2023-wdw-disney-springs-summer-house-on-

©Summer House on the Lake

Inside The Cookie Bar, there’s a display case with rows upon rows of cookies, lined up with prices and flavors listed on small signs.

SO MANY TREATS

Behind the cookies, you’ll find various bars and desserts stacked on trays.

More cookies

We opted to try out six of the available treats. So how did they fare?

Ranking the Treats

6. Birthday Cake Cookie

Last-ranked on our list goes to the Birthday Cake Cookie. When I saw this one in the case, I was intrigued by the name and the bright-colored sprinkles, but it turned out to be a pretty simple sugar cookie. It’s not much better than the sprinkle-covered sugar cookies you find in the bakery section of any grocery store.

Birthday Cake

It wasn’t very soft, and the cookie itself mostly just tastes like vanilla. This one was a bit of a letdown, and I likely wouldn’t order it again.

5. Fudge Bomb Cookie

Only slightly better than the last is the Fudge Bomb Cookie. This one is also a plain sugar cookie, but this time topped with fudge icing. The icing firms up on top of the cookie like a piece of fudge.

Fudge Bomb

The icing definitely had a fudge-like taste, and it actually wasn’t bad. It was very rich though, and you probably wouldn’t be able to stand more than a couple bites. However, the cookie itself was still not very exciting — it was at least softer than the Birthday Cake Cookie.

4. Pinky Cookie

The Pinky comes in our ranking next! This is a sugar cookie topped with sprinkles and strawberry frosting. It’s pretty messy to eat because of all that frosting.

Pinky

This one wasn’t bad — I once again wasn’t terribly impressed with the cookie itself, but the strawberry was an interesting element. The frosting definitely has an artificial strawberry flavor, but it’s bright and fruity.

3. Crispy Rice Chocolate Chip Cookie

Now we’re getting into the good stuff! The first item in our top three is the Crispy Rice Chocolate Chip Cookie. It’s their classic chocolate chip topped with their brown butter Rice Krispy treats. It certainly looks fun!

It’s chunky!

And honestly, this one was pretty good! The Rice Krispy treats make it VERY sweet, but there’s a fun textural element from the cereal. The chocolate chip cookie is soft and has big chunks of chocolate in the middle.

2. Lemon Cookie

However, the BEST of the cookies is actually the Lemon! This is a classic lemon cookie covered with a thin layer of icing. It doesn’t look like much, but looks can be deceiving!

Lemonnnn

This one was tart, fresh, and fruity with a strong lemon flavor. The icing adds a little bit of sweetness to top it off. And of the cookies I tried, this was for sure the softest!

1. Blondie

And the #1 spot goes to…the one treat I tried that wasn’t actually a cookie! By FAR the best thing I ate at The Cookie Bar was the Blondie. It’s soft and sweet with a toffee-like flavor, topped with powdered sugar.

Three cheers for the blondie!

It had a bit of gooeyness that made it all the more enjoyable, and the flavor was rich and sweet without being overwhelming. SO GOOD.

YUM x 10

So honestly, if you’re looking for the best thing to eat at The Cookie Bar…it’s not even a cookie! I had mixed opinions on the cookies in general — the ones that were sugar cookie-based are probably not ones I’d order again, but the chocolate chip and lemon definitely have the potential to be popular. But if I go back again? I’m getting that Blondie 9 times out of 10.

I’m READY

One more thing — how does The Cookie Bar stack up against other Disney Springs dessert spots? Well, currently I think I would still choose Salt & Straw, Everglazed, or Gideon’s Bakehouse over this spot. I’d want a little more consistency with the quality of the treats. But if you’re a cookie fan and you just want a big, cheap snack (without a multi-hour wait), this could be a great spot!

That’s my full ranking of the cookies and treats at The Cookie Bar in Disney Springs! If you’re heading to the area soon, make sure to check it out for yourself and tell us your thoughts.

Click Here for a First Look Inside Summer House on the Lake!

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

Are you planning a visit to The Cookie Bar? Tell us in the comments!

The post Ranking Everything We Ate at the NEW Cookie Bar in Disney World first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article