TripAdvisor HATES This Disney World Restaurant, but I Went and I LOVED IT

Disney4me

There are quite a few Disney World restaurants that get a bad rap.

2023-wdw-mk-cinderella-castle-stock-1-70

Cinderella Castle

From lounges that people dismiss because of overpriced food to food courts where the menus are sometimes considered “bland,” we’ve heard a plethora of restaurant complaints over the years. But one of the most commonly trash-talked restaurants is located in Magic Kingdom, and its TripAdvisor rating isn’t too hot either!

Tony’s Town Square Restaurant is located in (you guessed it!) Town Square in Magic Kingdom, and it’s themed to Lady and the Tramp. At Tony’s they serve Italian food, and they’ve certainly received their fair share of hate comments over the years.

2023-WDW-Magic-Kingdom-Tonys-Town-Square

Tony’s Town Square Restaurant

Currently, Tony’s is sitting at a 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor, which is one of the lower-rated Disney World restaurants on the site. But is it really that bad? Well, I took a trip recently and I’m here to tell you that everything you’ve heard about Tony’s might be WRONG now.

2023-WDW-Magic-Kingdom-Tonys-Town-Square

Inside the restaurant

I stopped by to try out a few new menu items, and while I was at the restaurant, I found out that they’ve recently had a change in chefs. The menu has been revamped a little, and let me tell you — the changes are for the better. I left my visit to the restaurant with a full belly and a very satisfied palate!

2022-wdw-mk-magic-kingom-tonys-town-squa

Seating at Tony’s

So what were the highlights? Well, first of all, they now have foot-long mozzarella sticks on the appetizer menu. They’re served with a spicy tomato sauce, but you can get them with classic marinara if you don’t want the heat. They were cheesy, crispy on the outside, and HUGE. I would recommend ordering this just for the novelty, honestly!

2023-wdw-mk-tonys-town-square-restaurant

The spicy sauce IS spicy

The other new-ish appetizer I loved was the garlic bread. It comes with a parmesan fondue served on the side, and you can take that cheesy concoction and pour it all over the Jenga tower of bread. Delightful.

2023-wdw-magic-kingdom-tonys-town-square

Delicious tower of garlicky goodness

This was probably the highlight of my meal because I really love cheese and fondue and bread, but it would be an awesome appetizer for the table because the portion is pretty large. I would go back again and again just to have this!

YUMMM

For my entree, I tried one of the new menu items — the Tortellini al Forno. It has cheese and chili, so it’s a nice combination of cheesy and spicy. There was plenty of Italian sausage spread throughout as well. If the other entrees are as delicious as this one, you’re in for a treat!

Tortellini al Forno

Based on what I’ve seen with the food during my last visit to Tony’s, I think it’s safe to say that this restaurant is back in delicious business, baby! Don’t listen to those online reviews unless they’re from the past few months, because food is constantly changing in Disney World. Here’s to hoping Tony’s Town Square Restaurant is a hit in 2024!

Click Here to Check Out Our Full Tony’s Review!

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

Have you been to Tony’s Town Square Restaurant recently? Tell us in the comments!

The post TripAdvisor HATES This Disney World Restaurant, but I Went and I LOVED IT first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article