“Walt Disney Is Turning in His Grave,” and Other Controversial Things Elon Musk Has Said About Bob Iger

Disney4me

There has been a lot of talk of Bob IgerCEO of the Walt Disney Company, in the news lately.

disney-CEO-bob-iger-2023-shareholder-mee

©Disney

Iger recently commented on Disney’s “woke agenda,” causing some stir in the news. He also recently confirmed his 2026 exit from the company. But what really has started to make waves was his decision to pull advertising from X (formerly Twitter), and Elon Musk fired back. There has been a lot said, so we’re here to summarize what Musk has said about Iger.

The conflict began with Musk endorsing a post with comments that were deemed anti-Semitic. As a result, Disney, along with Comcast/NBC Universal, Paramount Global, Warner Bros. Discovery, Apple, Lionsgate, and other companies pulled advertising from the site.

elon-musk-getty-images-2-700x392.png

©Getty Images via The Hollywood Reporter

According to The Hollywood ReporterElon Musk then commented on the mass exodus of advertisers, specifically addressing Iger. “Don’t advertise. If someone is going to try and blackmail me with advertising? Blackmail me with money? Go f**k yourself,” Musk said. “Go f**k yourself, is that clear? Hey Bob, if you’re in the audience. That’s how I feel, don’t advertise.”

elon-musk-getty-images-700x391.png

©Getty Images via The Hollywood Reporter

Now, Musk has said the Disney chief executive, Bob Iger, should be “fired immediately.” He also continued with, “Walt Disney is turning in his grave over what Bob has done to his company,” Musk said in a series of tweets. “He should be fired immediately.”

Musk continued his attack on Iger and Disney, writing in another tweet, “Bob Eiger thinks it’s cool to advertise next to child exploitation material. Real stand-up guy.” Here, Musk was referring to a report by CNBC regarding a new lawsuit against Instagram and Facebook.

2022-Bob-Iger-Photo-Reuters-700x465.png

©Reuters | Disney CEO Bob Iger

Musk has since tried to clarify the controversial tweet saying, “I mean, look, I’m sorry for that … post,” he said. “It was foolish of me. Of the 30,000 it might be literally the worst and dumbest post I’ve ever done.” Before Musk’s recent comments, Iget stated, “I have a lot of respect for Elon and what he’s accomplished,” adding, “by him taking the position that he took in quite a public manner, we just felt that the association with that position and Elon Musk and X was not necessarily a positive one for us. And we decided we would pull our advertising.”

Screen-Shot-2023-09-18-at-8.56.29-PM-700

©Disney

As always, stay tuned to DFB for all the latest Disney news.

NEWS: DeSantis’ Reedy Creek Board Accuses Disney of Bribery

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

The post “Walt Disney Is Turning in His Grave,” and Other Controversial Things Elon Musk Has Said About Bob Iger first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article