I Feel Like a MONSTER for Eating This Disney World Snack

Disney4me

Love desserts? If so, you might find yourself in a smidge bit of trouble in Disney World…because that place is FILLED with sweets.

2023-wdw-atmo-ds-disney-springs-stock-wa

Disney Springs

Just in the past few months we’ve eaten cakes, cookies, ice cream treats, and so much more. There’s always something sugary and delicious to snack on in the parks, resorts, or Disney Springs! And recently, we stopped by one popular dessert spot because their holiday treats were simply too adorable to resist.

Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew is located on the West Side of Disney Springs, near Salt & Straw and Splitsville. This little doughnut shop is known for having plenty of fun flavors, but their holiday designs may just take the cake for cutest yet.

wdw-2023-disney-springs-everglazed-donut

The wall of doughnuts

There are six different holiday doughnuts available this year — Melty the Snowman, Bowl Full of Jelly, Red-Nosed Reindeer, Peppermint Bark, Holly Jolly, and Winter Mix. I picked out three of the six, going with the snowman, reindeer, and Santa Claus-inspired designs. Each of these are available for $6.50.

Our spread!

First up, let’s talk about Melty the Snowman! It’s a classic yeast doughnut topped with vanilla icing, vanilla buttercream, a snowman face marshmallow, and pretzel rod arms. And seriously you guys…LOOK HOW CUTE.

Melty the Snowman

Honestly, he’s so precious that I feel seriously guilty for cutting him in half and biting his head off. I’m a monster.

As far as taste goes, it’s a pretty basic doughnut. The doughnuts at Everglazed are usually fluffy, sweet, and delicious…and this one is no exception! It’s definitely on the sugary side though from all that icing.

Such a cutie!

If you like the classics, this is probably a good choice. Especially if you like to take pictures of your food. You couldn’t ask for a more photogenic model!

Cross-section

Next up was the Red-Nosed Reindeer Doughnut, which is a yeast doughnut topped with chocolate icing, a doughnut hole (covered in red icing), and pretzel antlers. His eyes are made of sugar.

He’s a quirky one

I’ll be honest — he’s pretty quirky! 😅The doughnut is the same basic (and yummy) yeast doughnut, but the chocolate icing is rich and dark in flavor. It’s very cocoa-forward. I personally prefer Krispy Kreme’s version of a chocolate iced, but this was still pretty good.

The antlers kinda remind me of Loki

My main point of contention with this doughnut was the doughnut hole nose. It was pretty stale and difficult to chew, so I ended up just removing it altogether. The effect was fun, though!

Inside Rudolph

And last but not least, let’s discuss the Bowl Full of Jelly! This is another yeast doughnut filled with strawberry jelly and topped with red icing. It’s made to look just like Santa’s belly!

Definite points for style!

This doughnut was fresh and soft, and the jelly was truly spectacular. I’m not always the biggest fan of jelly doughnuts, but I really loved this one. The strawberry flavor comes through and it’s nice and sweet.

It’s filled with jelly, just like Santa!

But a fair warning to you — this was by far the messiest of the three. Make sure to grab your napkins before you dig in!

Lots of jelly!

That’s a wrap on my visit to Everglazed! Stay tuned to DFB for more holiday season fun and all the snack reviews from the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs. We’ll keep you in the loop!

Click Here to See Our Reviews of ALL the Holiday Treats!

DON'T MISS A MOMENT
OF HOLIDAY MAGIC

Holidays-Guide-Cover-160x250-1.png

Holidays at Disney World: DFB's Merriest Guide is a one-of-a-kind resource that will help you get the most out of your holiday vacation at Walt Disney World.

It includes all the must-have information for navigating the holiday season at Disney World, including:

• The COMPLETE schedule of events for the Holiday Season
  • How to avoid the crowds on Disney World's busiest days (and when Disney World closes their parks due to capacity!)
  • ALL of the events, activities, and holiday additions in Walt Disney World. ALL. OF. THEM.
  • And, of course, we'll tell you where to eat!

Save 20% on the Holidays at Disney World: DFB's Merriest Guide with code PEPPERMINT.

Which doughnut would you pick? Tell us in the comments!

The post I Feel Like a MONSTER for Eating This Disney World Snack first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article