NEWS: Disney World Just Brought Back MY FAVORITE MEAL After 3 YEARS!

Disney4me

We have big DFB food news!

2021-wdw-walt-disney-world-yacht-club-re

Crew’s Cup Lounge

We know there’s a lot of restaurants (like…you know…hundreds) to try during your short trip to Disney World. But when I tell you that you should ditch the park for at least a lunch or dinner at the Crew’s Cup Lounge in Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, I mean, mean it. Seriously, this is a place you do. not. want to miss! Especially RIGHT NOW.

Crews-Cup-Lounge-600x400.jpg

Crew’s Cup Lounge

But first, a little backstory: We had one of the best meals ever at this spot back in 2019. But when it reopened after the COVID shutdown, one of our favorite menu items didn’t come back!

Recently, we got some very kind emails from some very kind readers who gave us hope that the prodigal menu item had returned! So we had to go check it out!

The Crew’s Club Lounge is exactly where a ship’s crew would like to hang out. It has lots of wood decor and a cozy, darker atmosphere (ship’s crews like cozy, right?). It’s a simple design with tables, booths, and a bar. You can also spot the crew’s jackets on the walls.

Crews-Cup-500x425.jpg

Crew’s Cup Booths to the Left and Tables to the Right

What’s really nice about this almost hidden spot is that there’s hardly ever a wait. You don’t need reservations and can get in fairly quickly. It’s a nice relaxing spot away from the busy bustle of the parks. And they have used the Yachtsman Steakhouse menu, so you can get some phenomenal food without having to go to the steakhouse, itself.

2021-WDW-Yacht-Club-Resort-Crews-Cup-Lou

Crew’s Cup Lounge

When it re-opened after COVID, many of the same menu items were available– except one (and of course it was our favorite item!!). The Prime Rib Sliders were taken off the menu! But after hearing from our readers, we knew it was time! So we headed over to the Yacht Club Resort to find out for ourselves.

AND GUESS WHAT WE SAW BACK ON THE MENU!!

2023-wdw-Yacht-Club-Crews-cup-lounge-men

The sliders are BACK!

Yes!! The Prime Rib Sliders are BACK! Everything is right with world again – the sliders are here! When we asked the staff about it they let us know that the full-on Prime Rib has been taken off the menu and replaced by the sliders (thank the prime rib gods!).

Prime-Rib-Sliders-Crews-Cup-Lounge-004-4

Prime Rib Sliders

According to the Cast Member, the sliders were so popular that they were OVERWHELMING the kitchen! (Gee, I wonder how that happened… .) But now, they have figured out a faster way to prepare them.

Heads’ up, though — they USED to be served with truffle fries (for which I always requested a cup of beer cheese). Now, they’re served with the house-made chips. Here’s hoping the truffle fries come back, too!

Hand-Cut-Fries-Beer-Cheese-Sauce-Crews-C

Hand-Cut Fries and Beer Cheese Sauce

There are a couple of other new options here as well – the house made chips and the Sleigh Ride Christmas cocktail (a seasonal offering).

wdw-yacht-club-resort-crews-cup-700x525.

Crew’s Cup Lounge

To say our day is made, is an understatement. We’re so excited that they are back! Now that they are there again, you HAVE to go try them. HUZZAH!

For more Disney dining tips, keep following the Disney Food Blog!

Eat This, Not That at Disney World’s Hotels

Have you tried Crew’s Cup Lounge? Let us know in the comments!

The post NEWS: Disney World Just Brought Back MY FAVORITE MEAL After 3 YEARS! first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article