Disney Celebrity Reveals Why He Had to Drop Out of EPCOT’s Candlelight Processional

Disney4me

The EPCOT Festival of the Holidays has started, and it’s one of those events we look forward to every year.

2023-wdw-epcot-festival-of-the-holidays-

Candlelight Processional

Not only do we get SUPER excited about all the food (and you can read our reviews here), but we also love the Storytellers in each country’s pavilion.

However, the BEST part of the festival could be the Candlelight Processional, which brings in celebrity narrators and a LIVE choir to tell the story of Christmas. And while it’s very rare for narrators to drop out of the event, that’s exactly what happened this week. The Candlelight Processional recently had some celebrities cancel their appearances, but now we know why one of those narrators couldn’t make it.

One of the celebrity narrators who recently dropped out was Ann Margret, who was scheduled to narrate the event on November 28th and 29th. She was replaced by Ashley Eckstein. However, Simi Liu (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Barbie) also had to drop out on November 30th. 

marvel-2022-shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-

©Marvel | Simu Liu

Simi Liu took to social media to explain why he couldn’t narrate at this year’s event. “I’m so absolutely gutted to have to drop out of this year’s Candlelight Processional at Disney World,” he wrote on his Instagram story as he cited a “health scare” as his reason. He continued:

“For those who were looking forward to seeing me, know that I was equally looking forward to being a part of your holidays. The health of myself and my family are of paramount importance to me. After all, that’s the spirit of this season! And so, after some health scares I’ve made the difficult decision to stay at home. Something tells me this isn’t the last you’ve seen of me at Candlelight though… let’s all keep fingers crossed for 2024!”

simi-liu-as-shang-chi-700x389.jpg

©Marvel

The actor narrated the Candlelight Processional in 2022, so it’s likely we will get to see him return in 2024. In the meantime, MercyMe’s Bart Millard filled in. 

These scheduling changes do occasionally happen, although it’s rare. We’ll keep you updated on ALL Disney news, so stay tuned to DFB for more. Wishing Simi Liu the best!

But before you leave old up for a sec! Before you plan your next trip to Disney World, check out our DFB Guide Everything Bundle here. You will get ALL of our best-selling eBooks with details on Disney World Dining, EPCOT Festivals, the BEST snacks in each park, and soooooo many tips and tricks we’ve learned over decades of visiting our happy place.

FULL SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED for Candlelight Processional Celebrity Narrators at the 2023 EPCOT Festival of the Holidays

DON'T MISS A MOMENT
OF HOLIDAY MAGIC

Holidays-Guide-Cover-160x250-1.png

Holidays at Disney World: DFB's Merriest Guide is a one-of-a-kind resource that will help you get the most out of your holiday vacation at Walt Disney World.

It includes all the must-have information for navigating the holiday season at Disney World, including:

• The COMPLETE schedule of events for the Holiday Season
  • How to avoid the crowds on Disney World's busiest days (and when Disney World closes their parks due to capacity!)
  • ALL of the events, activities, and holiday additions in Walt Disney World. ALL. OF. THEM.
  • And, of course, we'll tell you where to eat!

Save 20% on the Holidays at Disney World: DFB's Merriest Guide with code PEPPERMINT.

Have you ever seen the Candlelight Processional? Let us know in the comments!

The post Disney Celebrity Reveals Why He Had to Drop Out of EPCOT's Candlelight Processional first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article