Disney Vero Beach Resort Nightmare

Diane M

I usually LOVE all Disney resorts but this resort is OFF LIMITS to anybody that doesn't want to be bit to death by bugs. The place is appealing and almost on the beach but these bugs that are called NO SEE UMS, are everywhere. They are on the room balcony, on the beach, by the pool, walking to the fitness room and basically......EVERYWHERE. 

They are so tiny but their bites are way WORSE than mosquitos and they itch like if you had chicken pox or poison ivy and it last for days and days. Our entire family of 7 people started itching on day 1 and it lasted all throughout the 8 days and even after checking out.

You reach out to the Disney employees and they LIE and say that these bugs are common in Florida but that lie did not fly with me because I have been living in florida for 45 years and I have been to dozens of resorts and beaches and this place is a NO SEE UM INFESTATION. They lie to you and say that they treat the bugs but then you talk to the actual folks taking care of the foliage and the grounds and they explain that because of the wild rabbits and turtles that are on the property and on the beach, where they lay their eggs on the sand, that they cannot really do anything to get rid of the bugs.

All they do is have several areas on the property with bug repellant, that does practically nothing to keep them away. I actually think it even attracts the bugs even more. And when you are miserable and itching so badly that you are making your skin bleed and tell them that they should make guests aware of these insufferable bugs on their website, (so folks know what they are in store for and if they prefer to visit another site without bugs that make your visit a living nightmare), and you go to the front desk and complain, then they give you 2 little towelettes, that they do NOT offer their visitors and keep hidden behind the reception area. Those miniature towelettes do not even help with 2 bug bites, much less the 200 bites we received in 2 days.

All 7 of us were itching and miserable and 5 of our family refused to leave the room after the 3rd day because the bites were so numerous and the itching was totally unbearable, despite spending over $150 in over the counter anti-itch creams, etc.

The resort is appealing but the resort is surrounded with bushes, trees, etc and that just breeds these bugs and gives them a perfect habitat to stalk and attack the unsuspecting visitors.

As I said when I started writing, be very AWARE that you cannot avoid these bugs and all the folks and children that we came across were complaining and itching, like the rest of us. So if you want to be a hostage in your own room and stay inside most of your stay, instead of enjoying the beach, sand, pool and other amenities.....then this is the PERFECT VACATION.

IMG_4462.png

IMG_4461.png

IMG_4460.png

IMG_4459.png

IMG_4458.png

• 6 months later...