Le Cellier Has a NEW Menu in Disney World — Come Try it With Us!

When it comes to Disney World dining, EPCOT is a food-lovers dream.

2022-wdw-atmosphere-epcot-world-showcase

Le Cellier Steakhouse in EPCOT

You can dine your way around the World Showcase trying all kinds of cuisines from around the globe. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a sit-down meal, there is something for everyone. And don’t get us started on all of EPCOT’s many festivals! With so many food options around the park, how do you decide where to eat? Well, Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion has been a DFB favorite for a while, and they recently rolled out a new menu — so I had to check it out!

Atmosphere

EPCOT’s Canada Pavilion is the first stop in the World Showcase (if you’re in the minority, like me, and head right that is). It’s nestled back by Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360, a presentation where you get to see an impressive look at the Great White North in a 12-minute film on a screen that surrounds you on all sides. On you’re way back there, you’ll pass a beautiful garden that is worth a visit in its own right.

WDW-2021-Epcot-Canada-Pavilion-World-Sho

Canada garden

Once you arrive at the restaurant, you’ll notice it is designed to look like a “cozy cellar of a Canadian château.” We were greeted by a friendly host and waited a few moments for our table in the front seating area.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-hos

Host stand

The dining room is a bit small, but it’s filled with character. The walls are made of stone and feature candle sconces — which sets the tone well, but makes for a dark dining room. The room is divided into Canadian provinces, so make sure to ask your server which one you’re seated in!

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-din

Dining room

I was seated at a combination booth/table, which was set with a cloth napkin, appetizer plate, utensils, and a candle.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-din

Table settings

Let’s get into the menu!

Menu

After the host took me to my table, she gave me two menus. The first had a sizable wine list, as well as a few featured cocktails. There is also an Ice Wine Flight that is pretty popular, and a Canadian Whisky Flight to try if you want to get in the spirit of your surroundings.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-win

Wine and Cocktail menu

The main menu featured a nice selection of Appetizers, Entrees, and Enhancements, as well as select Wines by the Glass and some fun Poutine offerings.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-men

Menu

For appetizers, there are a few selections including a Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup that is a Le Cellier staple and Jumbo Chilled Shrimp.

Food Menu

On the Entree list, some options include the Bison Strip Loin and the Le Cellier Filet Mignon.

Entrees

There were a few new items as well, like the plant-based Tourtiere and Grilled U-10 Wild Caught Scallops.

Eats

Bread Service

I stopped by to try the new items, so let’s dig in! First up, I was promptly served a glass of water and the complimentary bread service. While you won’t find this on the menu — it’s definitely a highlight! The three styles of bread stand for some fun Canadian facts.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-bre

What a great way to start a meal… with BREAD!

The Pretzel Breadsticks are a must-try — they were soft on the inside and had a nice touch of kosher salt that complimented them well. SO good. They represent Ontario, which hosts the world’s second-longest Oktoberfest. Next up is the Sourdough, which represents the Yukon, where people take part in a Sourdough Festival in the spring. This was rustic and had a hint of that sourness to it without being overpowering.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-bre

Bread and butter

Lastly, the Multigrain Bread represents the fact that HALF of all the grain in North America comes from three Canadian provinces. All of this was served with the most amazing butter, sprinkled with sea salt. They were currently working on a Maple Herb Butter while I was there, which the server was excited about, but I wasn’t upset with what I was served. The standard butter I had was decadent.

Appetizer

For my appetizer, I had the Prime Beef Tartare for $19. This was Kibbeh Nayeh with radish, mint, and garlic aioli, served with toasted focaccia bread. The beef itself in this dish was very tender and fresh, but tasted pretty simple on its own.

2023-wdw-epcot-whats-new-le-cellier-new-

Beef Tartare

However, the radish, mint, and jalapeños added a really nice, bright crunch and freshness to the tender meat, and all of the flavors together tasted really complex and delicious together.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-app

Beef Tartare

On the side, the focaccia was amazing… it was super buttery and garlicky, like an elevated garlic bread with a perfect crunch on the outside. The flavors were really delicious when added together — quite garlicky from the bread and aioli with a brightness from the veggies and mint. I really enjoyed the little bit of spice I got from the jalapeño, and the fresh mint really elevated this dish as well.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-app

SO good altogether

The meat is very simple and rare, so keep that in mind if you find that off-putting. For me, it was a selling point, but it’s a matter of preference. Overall, this is a dish that is great for people who love rare meat, and garlic. But if you don’t love cold, rare meat, you will probably dislike this.

Entrees

For my entrees, I tried two of the new menu items: The Canadian Tourtiere for $34 and the Grilled U-10 Wild Caught Scallops for $51.

2023-wdw-epcot-le-cellier-steakhouse-ent

Full Spread

The Canadian Tourtiere is a plant-based dish: a Canadian Pie served with Braised Endives, Snap Peas, Fruit Ketchup, and Plant-based Demi-glace.

Tourtiere

The pie was surprisingly satisfying. It didn’t taste “meaty,” but it was still quite hearty. Made with mushrooms and chickpeas, it had a nice complex flavor to it and a tender texture, but it was still filling. It had a perfect balance of earthy, deep flavors and sweetness, from the sweet snap peas, bbq-like sauce, pears, and the jammy fruit topping.

Tourtiere

Holding it all together was a pie shell that was flaky, delicious, and stood up to the hearty filling. The pears were crunchy and balanced out the earthy flavor of the sauce well. The snap peas and endive also had a bit of sweetness to them that as a whole made this dish really well balanced. It tasted fresh and complex and would be a great option for a plant-based guest looking for something to eat in a steakhouse.

Tourtiere bite

For those who do eat meat, you might not gravitate to this dish given the setting, but I think it is still an option worth considering if you are a fan of complex and rustic flavors, as well as sweet and savory combinations.

Plant-based Tourtiere

Lastly, I ordered the Grilled U-10 Wild Caught Scallops for $51. These are served with Paddlefish Caviar, Zucchini Fritters, Sweety Drop Pepper, Patty Pan Squash, and a Creamy Piquillo Sauce.

Wild-caught Scallops

Y’all…these were amazing. As a big fan of scallops, these really blew me away. The scallops were huge, slightly sweet, and extremely buttery — they really melt right in your mouth. They had the perfect texture — really tender but with that firm bite of a good scallop, and the grill marks added another bit of interest without making them tough.

Scallops

The caviar was salty and delicious and added a nice complexity to the flavors of the dish. In the center of the scallops was a medley of vegetables — sweet drop peppers that had a fun pop to them and squash that was fresh and crunchy. Tying it all together was a piquillo sauce that was a little sweet and a little spicy, with a touch of smokiness that complimented the other fresh flavors well.

Inside the scallops….SO buttery

Unfortunately, I thought the zucchini fritters were just ok. This might have been because they had cooled off by the time that I got to them, but they were a bit salty and the texture didn’t really hold up with the temperature change. As a whole though, I would certainly order these again. I was truly amazed by this dish, and I believe scallop lovers will really enjoy these. They are on the pricey, side, however, so keep that in mind — but the cost is in line with most of the other dishes at this restaurant.

Nosh or Not

Head right at the World Showcase to dine at this steakhouse if…

1. You are looking for an elevated table-service meal. There are tons of options for good food throughout EPCOT, including a lot of quick bites to eat. But, if you want a more fine-dining experience, this is a great option with friendly service, good food, and an upscale setting.
  2. You want a romantic meal. This restaurant is a great spot for date night if you’re looking for a darker, quieter experience. The cozy wine cellar atmosphere of this place is a perfect backdrop for a romantic experience.
  3. You are plant-based. Yes, there are actually some good options at this steakhouse for those who don’t eat meat. Don’t overlook this spot simply because plant-based items are not the main event.

Go left and skip Le Cellier if…

1. You are short on time. There are a lot of great options for food in EPCOT, so you don’t need to dedicate a full sit-down meal to your day if you want great food.
  2. You prefer a well-lit experience. This location can feel dark. If that’s not your thing, you might want to pass on this restaurant.
  3. You are on a budget. This place can be pricey! If you’re looking to splurge, this could be great for you, there are plenty of other options if you’re hoping to save some money.

Overall

In closing, this restaurant really impressed me. It has been a DFB favorite for a while, and this stop was no different. The service was incredible — my server was extremely knowledgeable and unbelievably friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed the food, and I didn’t even order a steak! Whether you’re looking for steak, seafood, or something plant-based, there are some great options. Yes, this restaurant is pricey, so it might not be the best option for you if you are on a tight budget. But, if you’re looking for a nice meal and want to spend a little more, this is definitely worth considering.

YUM

Have you dined at Le Cellier before? Let us know in the comments below! As always, stay tuned to DFB for all the latest Disney news.

Click here to see our ranking of EVERY single ride in EPCOT

What is your favorite EPCOT restaurant? Let us know in the comments below!

The post Le Cellier Has a NEW Menu in Disney World — Come Try it With Us! first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article