Disney VoluntEARS Come Together for City of Hope’s Walk for Hope

Disney4me

This weekend, more than 100 Disney VoluntEARS laced up their shoes to support City of Hope at this year’s Walk for Hope 2K/5K, raising funds and spirits in the fight against women’s cancers. Disney has a strong legacy of supporting hospitals like City of Hope, providing financial support, hospital visits from our characters, VoluntEARS support, and more. This year, our support took on a whole new dimension, as Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek had the honor of serving as Chair of the Walk for Hope.

“We all know someone who has been impacted by cancer—and some of us are fortunate enough to have had City of Hope in our family’s corner during that fight,” said Bob. “City of Hope saves lives, brings people together, and gives hope to thousands, and I was thrilled by the opportunity to support them in this meaningful way.”

Disney VoluntEARS at City of Hope’s Walk for Hope

Supporting the communities we call home is a top priority—and we are committed to building on Walt Disney’s legacy. Disney VoluntEARS have provided more than 10 million hours of volunteer service worldwide since the program began 35 years ago at Disneyland Resort, and continue to find new ways to impact families and communities.

“My family has been impacted by cancer, and research hospitals like City of Hope give women the edge they need to keep fighting,” said Shelby Grasser, Team Disney VoluntEARS Captain. “I’m proud to join Disney and our amazing VoluntEARS team to support and raise funds for this critical research.”

Disney VoluntEARS at City of Hope’s Walk for Hope

“Supporting City of Hope with more than 100 Disney VoluntEARS from across the company was an incredible experience,” said Bob. “I am constantly amazed—but never surprised—by the giving spirit of our Cast Members, and today was no exception.”

DKCXQcovnyo

View the full article