‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ – a Producer’s Disney Parks Roots

Disney4me

Having been a Disney fan long before I was a cast member, visiting with a Disney filmmaker makes me feel like I’m walking among giants. Doing so with a filmmaker I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing for nearly two decades makes me feel like I’m catching up with an old friend.

That was the case during a recent visit to Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, California, where I sat down with “Ralph Breaks the Internet” producer Clark Spencer, an Oscar® winner I first met during the production of “Lilo & Stich” at the former Disney Feature Animation Florida studio at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In the years since, my interviews with Clark have chronicled his work on such films as “Bolt,” “Winnie the Pooh,” “Wreck-It Ralph” and “Zootopia” – each time deepening my appreciation for this fascinating filmmaker.

Our latest visit was our first to take place on camera, allowing me to share his insights like never before. We discussed everything from his unconventional career path to the creative challenges his team tackled in moving Ralph and Vanellope out of Litwak’s video arcade and into the uncharted world of the Internet.

In this first clip, Clark recalls his years of filmmaking in Florida and explains how lunch breaks in a Walt Disney World Theme Park underscored the purpose of the studio’s work.

Look for a new clip from our conversation here on the Disney Parks Blog each Wednesday until “Ralph Breaks the Internet” opens in theaters on Nov. 21.

n_XkVJHYIwI

View the full article