Member Cruise Kids Say the Darndest Things

Disney4me

Sitting in the beautiful Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Dream on the final night of our recent Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise – a voyage elevated by the presence of everyone from Pixar Animation Studios Chief Creative Officer Pete Docter to Oscar-, Grammy- and Emmy-winning composer Michael Giacchino – I found myself thinking about a former Member Cruise star: Disney Legend Art Linkletter.

Speaking aboard a Member Cruise sailing during the first year of my Disney Vacation Club career, the broadcasting icon reflected on everything from hosting ABC’s coverage of opening day at Disneyland Park to his famous TV interviews of children for “Kids Say the Darndest Things.”

Mr. Linkletter came to mind aboard this year’s sailing as I watched Disney Vacation Club Member kids say “the darndest things” on screen during our “Disney on Broadway – Stars Set Sail” show, capping a daylong, Incredible Summer-inspired celebration of heroism in all its forms. Filmed on Castaway Cay earlier in our sailing, these precocious kids shared stories of their own heroes and inspired subsequent musical numbers from our assembled stars (a stellar group that included Ashley Brown, Broadway’s original Mary Poppins; Josh Strickland, Broadway’s original Tarzan; Kissy Simmons, known for her portrayal of Nala in Broadway’s The Lion King and Alton Fitzgerald White, record holder for the most performances in The Lion King as Mufasa).

As a little end-of-summer gift from all of us at Disney Vacation Club, I’m pleased to present this quick look at just a few of the very darndest things Member kids told our camera crew when asked about their heroes.

Members will reassemble for not one but two Member Cruise voyages in 2019, sailing May 15-20 aboard the Disney Wonder out of San Diego (with stops in San Francisco and Victoria, British Columbia before culminating in Vancouver) and from Oct. 5-12 aboard the Disney Magic out of New York City (with stops in Boston and Bermuda). A limited number of staterooms remain available for those sailings, so call Member Services to book yours.

As a part of Membership Extras, an incidental benefit, these member benefits are subject to change, availability or termination and may require a fee. Membership Extras are available with eligible ownership interests. Visit http://disneyvacationclub.com/memextraspolicy for more information.

KyzDSYofEag

View the full article