When That Disney World Restaurant That’s Never Open…Is Open! Tomorrowland Terrace Eats!

Disney4me

Alert! Alert! Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant is open!

This seasonal quick service spot is located right at the entrance of Tomorrowland in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. And when we say seasonal, we mean, like, super seasonal. It’s very rare to see this spot open, but Spring Break’s notoriously massive crowds were enough to open the Restaurant for the lunch time rush — 11AM to 3:30PM during my visit!

The menu here is small and variable, and it won’t appeal to every Walt Disney World guest. But if you’re looking for something simple and fast, this might just fit the bill for you. Plus you can use Mobile Ordering here, making this an even more convenient location!

And it’s actually a pleasant place to dine during the spring (and early summer before the heat really kicks in!). There’s a reason Tomorrowland Terrace is the spot for the Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Party: views! The seating here has a Hub and Castle view (albeit blocked from some seats).

So join me as I check out Tomorrowland Terrace!

Atmosphere

Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant is about what you’d expect from a counter service restaurant in Tomorrowland: some neon, funky fonts on the signs, and lots of metal (or metallic) accents.

Entering Tomorrowland Terrace!

Entering Tomorrowland Terrace!

Ordering is standard practice (unless you opt for Mobile Ordering!): line up, place order, move forward to wait, pick up food.

Ordering kiosks at Tomorrowland Terrace

Ordering kiosks at Tomorrowland Terrace

There’s quite a lot of seating (open air but covered and shady), but during Spring Break there were still seat vultures hovering around looking for tables. You could also grab your grub and go hang out in the Hub!

Second and lower level seating

Second and lower level seating

Views of Cinderella Castle vary at Tomorrowland Terrace, but if you can snag a seat with a view, it’s a good ‘un!

Breathtaking view from Tomorrowland Terrace seating

View from Tomorrowland Terrace seating

You’ll find a simple condiment bar here, complete with basic essentials like ketchup, napkins, salt, etc.

Condiment Bar

Condiment Bar

But with what shall we eat these delightful ketchup packets?

Eats

The menu on my visit to Tomorrowland Terrace was exceptionally small — and it’s never very big. But in the past the eats were a bit more adventurous. Last year, for example, we saw a Pulled Pork Banh Mi Sandwich and a Spicy Chicken Sandwich on the menu, plus House-Made Chips and a Coconut Tres Leche Cake! (The Banh Mi had us reminiscing about when Tomorrowland Terrace served Asian-style cuisine!)

But this visit was about as stripped down a menu as one could possibly imagine. I found an Angus Bacon Cheeseburger and Dipped Chicken Strips (with a choice of Buffalo, BBQ, or Honey Mustard Garlic Parmesan sauce). The menu notes that you can request a Vegetable Burger in lieu of the beef, and that burger is served on a pretzel bun, so that’s a nice touch. Still. It’s a burger.

Tomorrowland Terrace Menu

You can also find a Chef Salad on the menu. I know. It’s not the most enticing picture of a salad we’ve ever seen.

The sides and desserts are simple — and we’re happy to see the Rocky Road Brownie still here from last year. Kids’ options are miniscule: Uncrustables, Chicken Strips, and Mac and Cheese. Most kids would probably be okay with this, but we’d like to see a more imaginative Mickey Check meal, if we’re being honest. But I know, I know…Disney’s simply trying to tame the Spring Break crowds.

Drinks are standard here as well. (Don’t forget to ask for a free glass of ice water!)

A nice new feature of Tomorrowland Terrace is the availability of Mobile Ordering! You’ll use your My Disney Experience app to place your order, making any changes or choices right in the app.

Mobile Ordering at Tomorrowland Terrace

Mobile Ordering at Tomorrowland Terrace

When you arrive, use the app to tell the restaurant that you’re present. You’ll see the progress of your order right in the app! And remember: you can apply your Disney Dining Plan credits with Mobile Ordering now!

But note that when it’s crowded, the mobile ordering system gets a little glitchy — it still took a long time to get our order and there were lots of mobile order guests waiting a while at the same time we were there.

Tomorrowland Terrace Mobile Ordering

Tomorrowland Terrace Mobile Ordering

When your order is ready, step up to the Mobile Order Pick Up window. So simple!

Mobile Ordering Pick Up at Tomorrowland Terrace

Mobile Ordering Pick Up at Tomorrowland Terrace

On this visit, I ordered the Dipped Chicken Strips with Buffalo Sauce (of course!). It comes with a hefty side of fries, and the chicken strips are sizable enough to share unless you’re really famished.

Chicken Strips with Buffalo Sauce

Chicken Strips with Buffalo Sauce

The Buffalo Sauce had a traditional hot sauce flavor, with just a hint of spice. (I could’ve stood for more heat, but you know that’s how I roll).

Buffalo Chicken Strips

Buffalo Chicken Strips

I was happy to find that the sauce comes in a cup rather than in a small plastic package. There was sufficient sauce for the strips (and even a little pooled in the bottom of the cardboard boat when I dumped it all in). And the strips were nice and crispy — classic Disney Parks chicken strips. And that’s a good thing!

Buffalo Sauced Chicken Strips

Buffalo Sauced Chicken Strips

I enjoyed the Dipped Chicken Strips (and the French Fries, which were nothing special but still. French Fries.), and they are certainly enough to satisfy hunger. Is this adventurous eating? Nope. Do we wish the menu here had some other, more interesting options? Yup.

But in the Hunger Games that is Spring Break in Disney World, “you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit,” I guess.

Nosh or Not?

Stop into Tomorrowland Terrace if: 

• It’s open — and you’re in desperate need of some traditional theme park grub!
  • You want to dine with Cinderella Castle views.
  • You’ve got a picky eater with you (or you are one!) who wants all chicken strips all the time.

Head elsewhere if: 

• You desire something other than a burger or chicken strips.
  • You want to dine with Cinderella Castle views — but you prefer a high-quality Casey’s hot dog or some Cosmic Ray’s grub.
  • You don’t care for quick service eats and want to enjoy a more leisurely table service restaurant.

Overall

Look, Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant isn’t winning any awards (not even for the views, despite them being decent), but it’s nice to have an extra quick service option during the chaos of the peak seasons. If you happen to visit when the park is packed, keep this easy option in mind!

Visiting Walt Disney World during the busy season? Check out the Most Popular Restaurants in Walt Disney World — and Alternatives When They’re Full!

Don’t Miss Out on the ALL the Best Snacks Walt Disney World Has to Offer!

Get four awesome e-Books FULL of Disney park dining advice, bundled for 30% off the already discounted price! Yep, we’ve scoured the parks to find any and all snack choices — from the mundane to the spectacular — and we tell you all about them (with full-color pictures!) in our snack guides! These are updated every year, so you know your guide will be perfect for your upcoming trip, and they’re bundled with our DFB Guide to WDW Dining!

2018 DFBandSnacksBundle

This money-saving bundle includes all of the following:

All four are being sold together — for 30% off the already hugely discounted bundle price. Use code BUNDLE18 at check out to get the discount. It’s a $63 value for under $30!!

With this Bundle of e-books you’ll have everything you need at your fingertips to plan the best Disney World vacation ever. And with our handy e-book format, you can download the Guides to all of your electronic devices and take them with you wherever you go!

And with our 100% money-back guarantee, what do you have to lose?

What’s your dining strategy during the peak season craziness? Tell us in the comments below! 

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article