Desserts Worth Waiting For at Smokejumpers Grill at Disney California Adventure Park

Disney4me

Smokejumpers Grill near Grizzly Peak in Disney California Adventure Park is a fun counter service spot serving up eats like a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, a BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich (still tastes like jackfruit…it ain’t BBQ), and Campfire Chili with bison. It’s set in a massive hangar that was used, you know, by smokejumpers!

Smokejumpers Grill

Smokejumpers Grill

The space is full of industrial details like exposed duct work and rivets.

Ordering Kiosk

Ordering Kiosk

There are also personal touches, like these mugs left behind by the building’s previous occupants.

"Personal" Coffee Mugs on Display

“Personal” Coffee Mugs on Display

Seating is both inside and outside, in metal chairs and beneath vaulted ceilings or umbrellas, respectively.

Indoor Seating

Indoor Seating

Outside Seating

Outside Seating

Our Disneyland correspondent Heather Sievers (@DiningInDisney) enjoyed a bacon cheeseburger and toppings bar back when the Grill first opened in 2015, but when I stopped in, I was looking for two things: the Cobbler Shake and the most epic S’more we’ve ever seen.

The Cobbler Shake is so good. It’s basically a piece of Cranberry Apple Cobbler churned into a Vanilla Shake. It’s as silly and delicious as it sounds! Grab a spoon to scoop out the pieces of cobbler that won’t fit up the straw!

Cobbler Shake

Cobbler Shake

The other treat I was after? A whopper of a S’more, y’all! This beauty has been making the social media rounds, and it’s easy to see why! It’s massive! The top is a white chocolate piece bearing the Grill’s name and logo.

S'more at Smokejumpers Grill

S’more at Smokejumpers Grill

On the bottom is a Chocolate-Covered Graham Cracker.

Graham Cracker with Chocolate

Graham Cracker with Chocolate

But in between…there’s a tower of Marshmallow. Charred, sweet, pillowy marshmallow!

S'more Marshmallow Tower

S’more Marshmallow Tower

Seriously. If you try to pull this baby apart, this is what you’ll see: layer after layer of marshmallow!

S'more Marshmallow!

S’more Marshmallow!

This S’more is astounding. It’s so good that it’s almost worth the hour that it took for the busy restaurant to get it to me! An hour! For a S’more! At a counter service restaurant! And I’m saying…it’s almost worth that wait!

Seriously. Get this.

Where can you find your favorite S’more treat in the World or Land? Let us know! 

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article