STAR WARS HOTEL Coming to DISNEY WORLD!

Disney4me

Wow. Some weekend, huh? SO MUCH news was released at the D23 Expo on July 15th regarding new experiences coming to Walt Disney World. A bit of it was specific to my personal favorite topic — Dining!! We learned that a brand new Space Restaurant (and RATATOUILLE attraction!!) are coming to Epcot.

©Disney

©Disney

But there was SO much more, such as the upcoming Gondola transportation system, additional new attractions, an opening timeframe for Toy Story Land, and more.

But even among these SUPER newsworthy items, the announcement that a Star Wars-inspired themed Resort is coming to Disney World really rocked the Disney news world!

©Disney

©Disney

The difference between this upcoming resort and a stay at a traditional Disney Resort is that it will offer an entirely immersive experience. This “living adventure” will welcome guests to become part of a Star Wars Story!

According to Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts: You’ll immediately become a citizen of the galaxy and experience all that entails, including dressing up in the proper attire. Once you leave Earth, you will discover a starship alive with characters, stories, and adventures that unfold all around you. It is 100% immersive, and the story will touch every single minute of your day, and it will culminate in a unique journey for every person who visits.”

©Disney

©Disney

I love the rendering above, which looks to show sleeping compartments. Necessary, I know. But who could possibly spend anytime sleeping in this place?!?

Now, clearly some aspect of this immersive experience will include dining options to feed all the citizens of the galaxy. We already know that Galaxy’s Edge — the confirmed name for Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Hollywood Studios — will have a Cantina restaurant and a Star Wars Dinner Club. So, what kind of dining options, experiences, and food could be incorporated into the Star Wars-themed Resort?

Time to brainstorm and daydream, my friends! What do you think? What kind of eating experiences would you like to see — and taste! — at the future Star Wars-themed Resort?!?

Please let us know YOUR dining ideas and daydreams for the Star Wars-themed Resort in the comments below!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article