Review: Pure Growth Organic Allergy-Friendly Snacks now at Disney Parks

Disney4me

Snacking with a special diet or allergy can be tricky at Walt Disney World, but Disney has released something that might make life a little easier!

Pure Growth Organic Snacks are, at a minimum, organic and all natural. While these grab-and-go snacks aren’t hearty meals, families can stash them in a backpack and eat on the go or in line. And, as a bonus, they come with Disney characters on the packaging to make them feel like a more magical snack!

Pure-Growth-Organic_Cinnamon-Brown-Sugar

Pure Growth Organic breakfast bar packaging

A few variations of the snacks are found in parks merchandise shops and in most resorts. Many of the snacks are Disney Dining Plan snack credit eligible, but some have multiple servings in the package and are not.

Let’s have a look at each of the new snacks!

Popcorn

I know, I know, you might be wondering why we’re talking about popcorn when we rave about popcorn across the World. (Here’s a sampling of said popcorn — and popcorn from popcorn carts at Disney parks is vegan and gluten free.) But this popcorn is different…

Pure Growth Organic Snacks popcorn

Pure Growth Organic sea salt popcorn

Pure Growth Organic Snacks popcorn is pretty darn healthy as far as popped corn goes. It’s organic, kosher, gluten free, cholesterol free, and doesn’t contain MSGm trans fat, artificial colors or flavors. BAM!!!

Pure Growth Popcorn Pack

Pure Growth Organic popcorn pack

For $9.99, you get six snack-size popcorn bags – three white cheddar flavored and three sea salt flavored.

Pure Growth Organic Snacks white cheddar popcorn

Pure Growth Organic white cheddar popcorn

Both flavors are tasty, but the white cheddar is obviously the more flavorful option. The great thing about the white cheddar is how you get all the cheddar flavor but none of the sticky fingers that come with most flavored popcorns!

Close-up of white cheddar popcorn

Close-up of white cheddar popcorn

Each bag is about .6 ounces, and as you can see above, it’s a nice, light snack. That can hold you over until lunch and/or keep a hangry tantrum at bay.

Pure-Growth-Organic_Popcorn_16-02-700x46

Pure Growth Organic popcorn pack serving size

I think this is a great snack option, especially for families looking for gluten-free options!

Mickey Shaped Animal Crackers

It’s not hard to find a cute animal cracker, but make it Mickey-shaped, and it’s even more cute!

Pure Growth Organic Snacks animal crackers

Pure Growth Organic animal crackers

There are two flavors: original and chocolate. I only tried the chocolate flavor, which is surprisingly chocolate-y!

Pure Growth Organic Snacks original animal cracker packaging

Pure Growth Organic original flavor animal cracker packaging

Mickey is on the packaging that contains 7 ounces of animal crackers  (FYI — according to the Pure Growth Organic, a 7-ounce package contains about 70 individual crackers, which seems like a pretty filling snack to me)!

Pure Growth Organic Snacks chocolate animal crackers

Pure Growth Organic chocolate animal crackers

For $7.49, I think this is a bag that would be good for snacking throughout the day — especially for little ones!

Mickey-Shaped-Animal-Crackers_16-04-700x

Pure Growth Organic animal crackers nutrition

Unlike the popcorn, the animal crackers are not gluten free, but they are organic, baked, free of MSG, artificial colors, flavors and trans fats.

Cinnamon Brown Sugar Breakfast Bars

One of my favorite ways to save time and money at Disney is by bringing breakfast items and eating them on the way to the parks, and the BB-8 packaging on these cinnamon brown sugar bars makes it even more appealing!

Pure Growth Organic Snacks cinnamon brown sugar breakfast bars

Pure Growth Organic cinnamon brown sugar breakfast bars

For $7.49, you get a box of five individually wrapped breakfast bars. Each bar is 150 calories, which isn’t very much, but it’s enough to hold you over until your next meal, or as a quick breakfast. The individual packaging on these makes it an easy snack to carry in the parks with a small bag, too!

Pure-Growth-Organic_Cinnamon-Brown-Sugar

Pure Growth Organic breakfast bar unwrapped

I was really pleased with how flavorful this was. You can definitely taste the cinnamon! The bar is super soft and chewy.

Pure Growth Organic Snacks breakfast bar cross-section

Pure Growth Organic breakfast bar cross-section

Sadly, these breakfast bars are not gluten free either. But they are organic, low fat, kosher, and baked. They do not contain any artificial color or flavors, MSG, preservatives or trans fats.

Pure Growth Organic breakfast bar nutrition

Pure Growth Organic breakfast bar nutrition

I think this is a convenient, tasty snack to pick up in the park — plus, BB-8 is just about the cutest robot ever, right?

Overall

I’m glad to see some options available in the parks for those with special diets and allergies. It’s refreshing to recognize all of the ingredients on the nutrition label. And it’s super convenient to be able to carry packaged snacks around instead of waiting in line at a restaurant — not to mention the money you will save and the tantrums you could prevent when “hanger” strikes!

More detailed nutrition information can be found on the Pure Growth Organic website for each snack. According to the website, you can buy them at Amazon or Walmart, too, for a fraction of the price!

Have you tried these snacks yet? What did you think? Let us know in the comments!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article