First Look and Review: Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza in Disney Springs

Disney4me

In Disney Springs and in need of some pizza STAT?

Then look no further than the brand new Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza! (OK, anyone else wondering why there’s an apostrophe in “Fire’d”? Isn’t the apostrophe supposed to stand in for a letter? What letter is missing here? Isn’t Fast Fired OK? But I digress.)

You may already be familiar with Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza if you live near one of its existing locations in the United Sates or Canada.

If not, your next trip to Disney Springs may offer you your first opportunity to try a Blaze artisanal pizza pie fired up in an open-flame oven in 180 seconds (that’s the FAST part!).

Blaze joins the ranks of spots like D-Luxe Burger, Earl of Sandwich, and Cookes of Dublin as another Counter Service option for Disney World’s shopping and dining district.

Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza

Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza

Here we go!

Atmosphere

Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza is located in the Town Center of Disney Springs, not too far from Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming, STK Orlando, and the previously mentioned D-Luxe Burger.

Nearby Neighbors

Nearby Neighbors as seen from Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza

Even though Blaze can be found around the country, the Disney Springs location has been built to fit within its surroundings, made to resemble a sawmill from the 1850s that’s been refurbished (with Florida Cypress wood playing into the setting). The result is simple and modern.

Inside Blaze fast Fire'd Pizza

Inside Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza

Ceiling Beams

Ceiling Beams

Meanwhile, Blaze’s signature colors of bright red-orange, brown, and black are incorporated into the spot as well.

Artwork

Artwork

But the primary focus when you walk in belongs to the ordering area and pizza assembly line.

Ordering and Assembly Line

Ordering and Assembly Line

This is also where you’ll get to interact with the Cast Members who are super friendly and add some high-energy fun to the atmosphere!

Some goings-on at Blaze

Some goings-on at Blaze

Like many of the recent Town Center additions, Blaze wisely makes the most of its real estate by offering both indoor and covered outdoor seating (for 200 guests in all) with waterfront views.

Blaze Outdoor Seating Area

Blaze Outdoor Seating Area

Table Seating

Table Seating Inside

Table Seating Outside

Table Seating Outside

Now, who’s ready for the Main Event?

Eats

It’s time for some Pizz-AAAAHHHH!!!!

Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza Menu

Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza Menu

So, what do you like on yours? This is basically a Chipotle or Subway set-up, except for pizza. So you decide what you want, and the cast member makes it on the assembly line.

"How Do You Blaze?

“How Do You Blaze?”

If you prefer to pick your toppings, then you’ll likely want to “Build Your Own.” And because all pizzas are built right in front of you, customizing is not only super easy, it’s also encouraged (any toppings you want for one price)!

Building a Blaze Pizza

Building a Blaze Pizza

You’ll start with your choice of dough, made from scratch right in the restaurant: original, high-rise, or gluten-free.

Pizza Crust on the Line

Pizza Crust on the Line

Of course you’ll find all the classic pizza toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, and sausage to go with your choice of sauce and cheese.

Pizza Toppings

Pizza Toppings

Pizza Toppings

Pizza Toppings

Before you go thinking it’s just the basics, though, check out the extensive list of over 40 different toppings. Some decidedly unique choices include garlic pesto sauce, vegan cheese, Italian meatballs, roasted garlic, zucchini, and arugula.

List of Toppings

List of Toppings

There are plenty of Signature Pizzas on the menu as well, in case you’re looking to step outside the norm but don’t quite know your exact recipe yet :) . Also, note the calorie counts listed on the menu. This is something we’re seeing from time to time pop up in Walt Disney World, just FYI.

Signature Pizza Menu

Signature Pizza Menu

Once your pizza is assembled, it goes into one of two ovens for 180 seconds, and then comes right to you!

Blaze To-Go Box

Blaze To-Go Box

Don’t worry… you’ll see what we chose soon enough :) . For now, we’ve got some more options to present, because it’s not just pizza in the house.

You can also select a Salad as either an entree or a side portion, with choices including the Italian, Quinoa, Caesar, and a Seasonal (which is currently arugula with feta cheese, blueberries, and balsamic glaze).

Salads

Salads

Just like with the pizza, everything is made from all-natural ingredients.

Salads

Salads

Even the Desserts are made fresh in-house, and while the S’more Pie will likely be the most popular option, a Chocolate Chip Cookie and Brownie were available on our visit as well.

Desserts on Display

Desserts on Display

Just when you think all the decision-making is over, it’s time to select a beverage. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, you may be surprised…

Beverage Bar

Beverages

Blaze has also made a bit of a name for itself by offering some unique sips to wash everything down. All-natural options feature two Agua Frescas: the Prickly Pear Agua Fresca, and the Key Lime Mint Agua Fresca.

Prickly Pear Agua Fresca

Prickly Pear Agua Fresca

Key Lime Mint Agua Fresca

Key Lime Mint Agua Fresca

The famous Blood Orange Lemonade and Original Lemonade and Iced Tea are also part of the all-natural options.

Blood Orange Lemonade

Blood Orange Lemonade

Original Lemonade

Original Lemonade

Even the Fountain Sodas carry some unexpected finds. Along with Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Dr. Pepper you’ll also see Blue Sky Black Cherry, Orange Mango, and Root Beer (made with 100% Cane Sugar) as well as Vitamin Water.

Fountain Sodas

Fountain Sodas

Fountain Sodas

Fountain Sodas

Fountain Sodas

Fountain Sodas

The two current beers on tap are Funky Buddha IPA and Yuengling. And finally, there is also a fridge full of grab-and-go options.

Bottled Beverages

Bottled Beverages

Beverage Menu

Bottled Beverage Menu

I chose the Prickly Pear Agua Fresca (I’ll admit — I was swayed by that gorgeous bright pink color!).

Prickly Pear Agua Fresca

Prickly Pear Agua Fresca

Even with its vivid hue, it’s a pleasantly light and refreshing drink.

For those of you who can’t imagine your pizza without a beer beside it, I also grabbed a Funky Buddha IPA. (Nice to have a Florida option available, don’t you think?)

Funky Buddha IPA

Funky Buddha IPA

I found it to taste slightly tropical, with notes of orange and pineapple.

These drinks went along with my two Signature Pizzas, starting with the White Top: I ordered it with the high-rise crust (yep, you can still customize your dough with the Signature options), which was then topped with white cream sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, garlic, oregano, and arugula.

White Top Pizza

White Top Pizza

Oh, my… the CRUST. I just loved it. The high-rise isn’t dense, but surprisingly light and crispy with a little bit of “fluff.”

White Top Pizza with High-Rise Crust

White Top Pizza with High-Rise Crust

The Cast Members were generous when topping the pizza, so there was quite a bit of substance to it (especially considering the rich cream sauce). It was the fresh quality of everything that stood out the most, and I thought all the arugula on top was a fantastic finishing touch.

The Art Lover Pizza is topped with artichokes (Ha! get it?), mozzarella, ricotta, garlic, and dollops of red sauce.

The Art Lover Pizza

The Art Lover Pizza

I went with the Original Dough this time which is thinner, naturally, than the high-rise, but has its own impressive texture.

The Art Lover Pizza on Original Dough

The Art Lover Pizza on Original Dough

The red sauce in particular — and, in fact, the whole pizza, with the giving amount of ricotta — carried a ton of flavor.

Oh, and no matter what you order, don’t forget to check out the condiment options for even further customization with red pepper flakes, Sriracha, grated parmesan, tabasco sauce, and oregano!

Condiments

Condiments

The two salads you see below are both side portions (remember, any salad can be ordered as an entree as well). The Italian Salad — Tomato, Basil, and Ovalini — is a mix of ovalini mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil, arugula, and balsamic.

The Italian Salad

The Italian Salad

The Italian Salad close-up

The Italian Salad close-up

The Quinoa Salad is cranberries, kale, quinoa, and vinaigrette.

Quinoa Salad

Quinoa Salad

Quinoa Salad close-up

Quinoa Salad close-up

Again, it’s the fresh flavors that really make their mark here. Blaze stresses the use of fresh, all-natural ingredients across the board.

I chose a Brownie for dessert, along with a S’more Pie. The soft, chocolatey brownie is finished with large chocolate chips.

Brownie

Brownie

It may not sound like the most exciting option, but I thought the gooey bottom layer was pretty awesome.

Brownie

Brownie

But again, I’m thinking most guests will likely go for the S’more Pie, which is a square of milk chocolate and marshmallow sandwiched between two McVitie’s biscuits.

S'more Pie

S’more Pie

Now, I don’t know about you, but as much as we all love S’mores I’ve started to grow a wee bit weary over the S’mores trend taking over just about every dessert menu as of late. But here is where Blaze nails it: you can request to have yours warmed up by the oven!

S'more Pie

S’more Pie

Basically, all of the S’more Pies are toasted over an open flame before they are wrapped up — so even if you don’t choose have it warmed again, it still has that flame-roasted flavor. Once the treat is ordered they will offer to warm it up for you near the oven.  So no matter how you choose to have it, it’s a take on S’mores that at long last captures the very best thing about a S’more: it’s fired up! And the large, slightly soft biscuits give it a little something extra for the twist. Nice!

If you’re a Disney Dining Plan participant, these — along with the other desserts and several of the non-alcoholic beverage options — count as a snack credit. And now is as good a time as any to mention that Blaze also accepts one Quick Service meal credit as well.

Overall

Okay, this is hardly a secret: with the MAJOR exception of Via Napoli, a good pizza place has been one thing that Disney World has been greatly lacking over the years. But not only is the pizza at Blaze good, solid, crave-worthy pizza with an emphasis on freshness that is obvious, it’s also easily accessible due to its location in Disney Springs (no park admission needed) and good price point. For those of us who are fans of both Disney and pizza — and really, who isn’t?!? — this day has been long in coming. We’re so glad it’s finally here! Welcome, Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza, to Disney Springs!

Is Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza on your list of new places to visit in Disney Springs? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article