WHAT?!??!?!?: New Adult Beverage and Hard Floats Menu at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop

Disney4me

Ladies and Gentlemen, we’re back at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop for TWO reasons.

One: We can never stay away from the home of amazing ice cream creations like the No Way Jose, Frozen Sunshine, Brownie a la Mode, and the always epic Kitchen Sink for too terribly long and…

Two: We just HAD to check out the new ADULT BEVERAGES MENU featuring Hard Floats and Milkshakes!!!

WHA?!?!??!…you’re probably saying? That’s right… if you’re ready to enjoy some ice cream concoctions with an adult twist, it turns out that Beaches & Cream should be your next stop. Like, PRONTO.

My great pal @danielwanderman alerted us to this wonderful development at our favorite old-fashioned ice cream parlor in Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and it is a DOOZY.

Beaches and Cream at Disney's Beach Club Resort

Beaches and Cream at Disney’s Beach Club Resort

Just take a gander…

Adult Drink Menu at Beaches & Cream

Adult Drink Menu at Beaches & Cream

Five Adult Hard Floats and Milkshakes make up the main menu, featuring a S’mores Shake, the Classic Root Beer Float, a Grasshopper Float, a Tropical Sunrise Float, and a Stout Float.

Beaches & Cream Adult Drink Menu

Beaches & Cream Adult Drink Menu

A selection of beer (including Guinness and the crazy delicious Schofferhofer Pink Grapefruit) along with hard ciders and root beer are listed on the back.

Beer, Cider and Hard Soda List

Beer, Cider and Hard Soda List

So, what’s the story behind these additional sweet-treats-with-a-twist? Well, here’s a little scoop (Ha!)… though these beautiful bevvies are currently found on the printed menus you see above, in time they will be showing up on the regular, permanent menu.

Beaches and cream menu

Beaches and Cream menu

And this is all thanks to one of the leadership Cast Members at the Beach Club who came up with the adult drink menu and pitched it to the powers-that-be. As though the Cast Members at the Beach Club and Beaches & Cream weren’t already some of my favorite people on the whole planet… .

But let’s waste no more time and get to sippin’!

First up: the S’mores Shake is made with chocolate and vanilla ice cream, Amarula Cream liqueur and Cream de Dark Coco… all topped with marshmallow, chocolate sauce, and graham, naturally!

S'mores Shake

S’mores Shake

I know the name “S’more” comes from everyone around the campfire wanting “SOME MORE” of the classic camping treat. Honestly, though, I’m typically good after about one of those. But THIS one, though…

S'mores Shake

S’mores Shake

With the extra-creamy taste from the Amarula and the overall decadence of the whole thing… umm, yeah. I’ll take S’MORE of this anytime.

(Extra DFB Detail You-Heard-It-Here-First Tidbit: If the words “S’mores Shake” ring a bell, by the way, it may be because you read about a drink of the same name coming to D-Luxe Burger, one of the several eateries still on the way to Disney Springs owned and operated by Disney. As it so happens, one of the D-Luxe Burger reps came out to Beaches & Cream and got a little inspiration from this new menu! So you might see some similar concoctions at the newest burger joint on the block very soon!)

Up next: the Classic Root Beer Float! It’s exactly what you would expect: a traditional vanilla ice cream float poured over with Hard Root Beer.

Classic Root Beer Float

Classic Root Beer Float

If you’re looking for the drink with the taste most like the ice cream treats you enjoyed as a kid, this is the one. The alcohol it’s made with is Hard Root Beer (Coney Island brand, as opposed to the Not Your Father’s version of this float that you’ll find at Fife & Drum Tavern), which is made to mimic a regular root beer, ensuring a more classic taste… and hence the name :) .

Classic Root Beer Float

Classic Root Beer Float

Having tried both (you’ll see our review of the Float at Fife & Drum coming up soon), I prefer this version at Beaches & Cream, because I think the Coney Island Hard Root Beer has better flavor.

The Grasshopper Float is the pick for all you mint fans out there: it’s made with Mint Chip Ice Cream and Guinness Stout.

Grasshopper Float

Grasshopper Float

Okay, true: not everyone enjoys Mint Chip Ice Cream, and it does have a bit of an odd appearance in this drink compared to the others. But if you ARE a Mint Chip fan (like me!), then go for it! The combo with the Guinness is a winner.

Grasshopper Float

Grasshopper Float

The Tropical Sunrise Float is a beauty with its Rainbow Sherbet base (you’ll also find this ingredient in the non-alcoholic Frozen Sunshine). Here, the citrusy sherbet gets a tropical spin with the addition of Ace Pineapple Hard Cider.

Tropical Sunrise Float

Tropical Sunrise Float

This is the lightest of the drinks (as in the least heavy; maybe not so much from a calorie perspective), and it’s also surprisingly sour, which is HUGE bonus for me, because I LOVE sour drinks!

Tropical Sunrise Float

Tropical Sunrise Float

This and the S’mores, if I HAD to pick, are my favorites.

Honestly, though, there wasn’t a bad one in the bunch. Which, finally, includes the Stout Float, combining Guinness Stout with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. It. Is. GORGEOUS.

Stout Float

Stout Float

With vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce to pick up on the rich flavor of the Guinness, it’s nearly as decadent as the S’mores Shake in its own way, and a fun find for Guinness lovers who might not be on board with the Mint Chip in the Grasshopper Float.

Stout Float

Stout Float

Oh! And here’s a tip… you can grab these drinks at the Beaches & Cream To-Go spot, too, where you’ll receive them in a plastic cup.

Adult Drinks in To-Go Cups

Adult Drinks in To-Go Cups

I’d say the Tropical Sunrise Float in particular is pretty much made for sipping while lounging at Stormalong Bay, wouldn’t you agree?

Tropical Sunrise Float in To-Go Cup

Tropical Sunrise Float in To-Go Cup

So, if you’re over 21, be sure to keep these options in mind if you’re so inclined to imbibe what might just be your NEW favorite dessert. ‘Cuz you know, we all need even MORE reasons to love going to Beaches & Cream ;) !

Will you be trying any of the Adult Hard Floats or Milkshakes on your next visit to Beaches & Cream? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article