How-To: Pre-Order Your Meal at Disney World’s Be Our Guest Restaurant

Disney4me

Though we still have a week or so left, it’s definitely safe to say that 2015 has been another big year for the ever-popular Be Our Guest Restaurant in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.

Looking back over the past year… February brought the announcement that lunch at Be Our Guest was ending its FastPass+ test for Disney Resort guests and opening up Advance Dining Reservations to anyone who wished to dine there. In March, we received word that breakfast would be coming to this spot that had only previously offered lunch and dinner. It was also announced that Advance Dining Reservations would be accepted for this new meal as well, even though — like lunch — breakfast is considered a Counter Service meal.

In the weeks and months to follow came a flurry of Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs) made by guests focused on their Disney World vacation plans. Perhaps you have even made one in the time since, which might mean that you may be — at this very moment — getting ready to depart shortly for your Disney World vacation! (LUCKY YOU!!)

Be Our Guest Restaurant sign

Be Our Guest Restaurant sign

If your dining time is for breakfast or lunch at Be Our Guest you have the option to pre-order your meal within 30 days of your reservation, and today we’re going to look at how that process works. (The pre-order process does not apply to dinner at Be Our Guest, which, as always, is considered a Table Service meal.)

The pre-ordering process is not new to Be Our Guest Restaurant. When lunch was available specifically to Disney World Resort guests via FastPass+ testing, participating guests were presented with the option to pre-order their meals.

Though the FastPass+ days are long behind us for Be Our Guest Restaurant, everyone with a My Disney Experience account — which you can create through the Walt Disney World website — now has the ability to pre-order their meal within 30 days of their dining reservation (not to be confused with the 180-window in which you can actually make your Advance Dining Reservation).

My Disney Experience page on the WDW website

My Disney Experience page on the WDW website

If you’re wondering where to begin the pre-order process… well, that depends on when you make your reservation. If you book your meal within the 30-day pre-ordering window, you will immediately see a link to “Place Your Order” in the confirmation window that pops up after you make your reservation, and a link will also arrive in your confirmation e-mail.

However, for those who booked a reservation outside of the 30-day pre-order window (a wise decision, considering how quickly things still book up here), you can log into the My Disney Experience site once you are within the 30-day window. If you are not yet within the 30 days, you’ll see a note letting you know the date that window opens for you, as in the example below.

Be Our Guest preorder Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.03.07 PM

Screenshot: Reservation details in My Disney Experience outside of 30 days

By the way, let’s say you made your Advance Dining Reservation via phone by calling (407) WDW-DINE, and do not have a My Disney Experience account. No worries — you can link the reservation confirmation number you received to your account even if you create it after making your reservation.

Once you are inside the 30 Day window of your reservation, you’ll find an updated link to “Place Your Order” on the right within your reservation details.

Be Our Guest preorder Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.47.19 AM

Screenshot: Reservation details in My Disney Experience within 30 days

I went through this process via my computer, but you can also enter into the process through the My Disney Experience app on your smartphone or tablet by selecting “My Reservations” and choosing your Be Our Guest breakfast or lunch reservation.

From here, the process is clear and very user-friendly, but I’d still like to walk you through so you can know what to expect when your 30-day window for pre-order arrives. While the general steps are the same for both breakfast and lunch, we’ll be looking at a lunch reservation today. 

The first window to open after selecting “Place Your Order” provides a lot of great info, including the fact that you do NOT have to pre-order your meals if you prefer not to; ordering kiosks will still be available upon your arrival. You can also make changes to your selections any time before your arrival. Third, if you cancel your order for any reason, it will not affect your standing reservation.

Screenshot: Beginning the Pre-order Process

Screenshot: Beginning the Pre-order Process

From here, you can click the green “Start Order” button to get going!

Immediately you’ll see the first screen of the menu. (Fret not! The Braised Pork Coq au Vin Style is still available, as you’ll see later in the post; I was just limited to what displayed on my screen for this particular screenshot.)

Be Our Guest preorder Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.49.02 AM

Screenshot: Beginning the Pre-order process

Before we go into ordering — and viewing the rest of the menu — I’d like to point out a few features that may be of interest. In the upper-right corner you’ll see some expansion options, including “Have a Dining Plan?”

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.16.33 PM

Expansion options on upper right

If you click it, you’ll find the standard Disney Dining Plan info, reminding you of your entitlements through the program.

Be Our Guest Restaurant Preorder process screenshots 20

Dining Plan Entitlements

Also on the upper left, you’ll see an “Allergy-Friendly menu” expansion option, which is there for dietary needs. When you expand this, you can select to display only items made without your choice of the following: corn, eggs, fish, milk, peanut, shellfish, soy, tree nut, or wheat.

Be Our Guest Restaurant Preorder process screenshots 10

Dietary Preferences

Now on to the food! I only showed you one portion of the menu above, but it actually took several screen shots for me to include each section, from soups, entrees, and beverages to desserts and Kids Meals.

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Soups for Lunch

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Soups for Lunch

French Onion Soup

French Onion Soup

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Entrees for Lunch

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Entrees for Lunch

Braised Pork

Braised Pork

Be Our Guest preorder Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.51.55 AM

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Beverages for Lunch

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Desserts for Lunch

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Desserts for Lunch

Master's Cupcake

Master’s Cupcake

Be Our Guest Restaurant Preorder process screenshots 9

Screenshot: Be Our Guest Kids’ Meals

Though you’ll see descriptions under most items, when you click the “Plus” (+) sign by the item name, you may also get a picture, as seen here for the Tuna Nicoise Salad.

Be Our Guest preorder Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.53.41 AM

Screenshot: Tuna Nicoise Salad description and customization options

Additionally, limited customization may be an option. With the Tuna Nicoise Salad, you may choose to deselect the poached eggs on your salad, and choose if you would like your dressing on the side or tossed in with your entree. This little window is also where you click “Add to Order” to… well, to add it to your order ;) .

Once you do, the item appears in your Order Summary on the right hand of the screen. BAM!

Screenshot: Order Summary

Further options for customization, of course, depend on the item you select. For instance, when you choose to view more information about the Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich, you’ll find you can choose your preferred side item (French Fries or Green Bean Jardiniere) as well as opt out of the horseradish sauce or the veggie toppers.

Be Our Guest preorder Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.54.49 AM

Screenshot: Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich description and customization options

There is no special section to enter additional notes, however. So if you’re in need of further customization, it may be best to wait until your arrival day and speak with a Cast Member prior to placing your order at the restaurant.

Of course, after perusing the menu a bit more, you may change your mind, and that’s totally fine. Just hit the “X” next to the item in the Order Summary as seen above, and confirm that you would indeed like to remove the item.

Removing an item

Removing an item

Then just have at it again until you’re pleased with your order! Ultimately, I went with my personal list of “Be Our Guest’s Greatest Lunch Hits”: Braised Pork, and The Master’s Cupcake (that’s the one topped with the Grey Stuff) for my dessert. And also a soda, ‘cuz self-serve refills are unlimited at Be Our Guest :) .

The total for the selections also shows up in the Order Summary, but you will not pay for your items until the day you dine (at that time, you would also clarify if you are using the Disney Dining Plan, and your credits will be adjusted accordingly).

Upon viewing your Order Summary, you can review your order as well, which leads to this screen:

Screenshot: Final Order Summary for Review

Screenshot: Final Order Summary for Review

And, finally, at the bottom right of the screen, it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for… you’ll see green “Place Order” button.

Screenshot: Place Your Order!

Screenshot: Place Your Order!

Once you click it, CONGRATULATIONS! That’s a wrap! You have successfully sent your order to Be Our Guest Restaurant.

Screenshot: Thanks for your order!

Screenshot: Thanks for your order!

Again, please note that you can change your order at any time before your arrival, so no worries if you have any second thoughts about what you want. After all, in the words of Lumiere, they “only live to serve” at Be Our Guest Restaurant!

Now the only thing you have to do just happens to be the most difficult thing when it comes to ANY part of your Disney World vacation… WAIT for it to begin. ;) Here’s hoping that pre-ordering your group’s breakfast or lunch for Be Our Guest will add a little more fun to the countdown!

Do you like having the option of pre-ordering for a Counter Service meal? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

View the full article