Dining in Disneyland: Halloween Time Poison Apple Mugs and Poison Apple Glow Cubes

Disney4me

Halloween Time has arrived at the Disneyland Resort and I’m pretty sure I’ve found my favorite new item of the season! The Poison Apple Mug. Everything about it is awesome.

Poison Apple Mug

Poison Apple Mug

The mug is a stein type of style.  The little button on the handle flips up the lid. Although the stem looks like it would be a straw, it is not.  It’s just part of the decor.

The Poison Apple Mug is available all over the resort, but the tricky thing is this; it’s offered at different pricing at different places with different options to fill it with.  I purchased the mug at the first spot I saw it, which was the frozen beverage/cinnamon roll cart located across from the Haunted Mansion.  I didn’t want a drink in it, because it would be too sticky, so I bought it empty for $13.50 (costs the same empty or full).

BUT, I should have waited.  Over at the snack/fruit cart across from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad it goes for just $10.99 and you can get it filled with fresh fruit; either grapes or pineapple spears. I LOVE this fruit option and it’s cheaper than the frozen lemonade, plus no big mess.

The mug is also available at Maurice’s Treats, which we will get to in just a second.  But first, let’s check out my mug glowing while riding the Haunted Mansion!!!!

Glowing Poison Apple Mug

Glowing Poison Apple Mug

When I heard that the Pumpkin Twist was back at Maurice’s Treats, I knew that I needed to make a stop over at Fantasy Faire to get one.

Pumpkin Twist Signage

Pumpkin Twist Signage

Maurice's Treats Pumpkin Twists

Maurice’s Treats Pumpkin Twists

When I arrived, I noticed that the Poison Apple Mug was also available here.

Poison Apple Mug Signage at Maurice's Treats

Poison Apple Mug Signage at Maurice’s Treats

In addition to the Poison Apple Mug, Maurice’s Treats is also offering the Poison Apple Glow Cube as a $4.00 add on.  We did see these make an appearance last year, and they’re back! If you aren’t interested in a drink, you do have the option to buy them for $5.50 each.

These are available throughout the resort as well.  I know that Carthay Circle is offering them in a Poison Apple Martini (hope to review that SOON!), as well as the frozen beverage cart near Small World.  I’m sure there are other locations as well.  These were gone QUICK last year, so if you see one and want one, grab it.

Poison Apple Glow Cubes

Poison Apple Glow Cubes

While at Maurice’s Treats, I learned a new trick.  They will split a Boysen Apple Freeze into two cups for you.  I love this drink, but it’s pretty sweet and a whole one is hard to get through.  However, a half a cup is perfect!

We added the glow cube to our purchase and split a Pumpkin Twist as well.  I consider the Pumpkin Twist a not to miss Halloween Time treat at Disneyland.  For a proper review of both items, see last year’s post.  Pumpkin Twists can also be found at the Cozy Cones in DCA.

Perfect for Sharing!

Perfect for Sharing!

AND, in case you were debating on purchasing a Poison Apple Mug… I say absolutely go for it.  To save a few dollars, be sure to grab one from the Big Thunder snack/fruit cart.  It makes for a great Halloween decoration at home.  I’m going to display mine with a battery powered candle inside like a jack o’ lantern.  I already tested it out and it’s perfect.  I give you…  The Poison Apple o’ Lantern!

Poison Apple o' Lantern

Poison Apple o’ Lantern

Have you or do you plan to pick up any Poison Apple paraphernalia this Halloween season?  Let us know in the comments below!

Heather Sievers is the Disney Food Blog’s Dining in Disneyland columnist. See more of her columns here!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

View the full article