Review: Blue Milk Milkshake at 50s Prime Time Cafe in Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Disney4me

It’s time to head back to 50s Prime Time Cafe for a little Star Wars goodness.

This restaurant, located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is a great example of Disney imagineering. The 1950s retro vibe is enhanced with authentic furniture, wallpaper, and knick knacks — and the staff play right along…so be sure to eat all your veggies, or run the risk of having them fork-fed to you.

Don't forget to ask for a TV table on your visit to 50s Prime Time Cafe! And keep your elbows off the table...

Don’t forget to ask for a TV table on your visit to 50s Prime Time Cafe! And keep your elbows off the table…

But 50s Prime Time also features some classic…and not-so-classic…Milkshakes. The Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake is a must-try.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake

Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake

You’ll find standard chocolate and vanilla as well, and the Prime Time will usually dream up a few specialty, seasonal milkshakes for the menu. The Red Velvet Cake Milkshake, with chunks of cream cheese frosting, was pretty fantastic.

But if you’re heading to the Studios for the last of the Star Wars Weekends today or tomorrow, it’s your last chance to try one of my favorite seasonal options — the Blue Milk Milkshake.

Fans of the Star Wars franchise know that Blue Milk is the drink of choice on Luke’s adopted planet of Tatooine. So really, how better to nourish your little Padawans (or your big ones, for that matter) than with this special treat?

Blue Milk Milkshake

Blue Milk Milkshake

So even though I haven’t spotted any Banthas here on Earth, Disney magic has engineered this treat, which tastes suspiciously like Blue Raspberry to me. And would you expect any less blue-ness from the Whipped Cream? I didn’t think so.

Blue Whipped Cream!

Blue Whipped Cream!

This is one ice cream treat that I hope sticks around…and it might just. According to the bartender, this specialty milkshake may just switch films and become a Frozen themed shake after Star Wars Weekends are over.

Don’t forget — you can pick this one up to-go at Tune-In Lounge as well!

Have you had the chance to enjoy a Blue Milkshake in our galaxy recently? Leave a comment and tell me if this is one of your favorite intergalactic treats too!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

View the full article