2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival News: Menu for Mexico Tequila Tasting Lunch

Disney4me

We have some exciting news today for you about the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! We’ve confirmed that Tequila Pairing Lunches in the Mexico Pavilion are back as part of the Special Events line up!

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.14.45 PM

I had the chance to attend the luncheon a while back. It was a great way to spend the afternoon — sampling tequila, and learning how this versatile spirit can pair beautifully with different menu items.

In anticipation of this year’s lineup, our friends from the Mexico Pavilion recently held a tasting to determine just what would make the menu cut.

We’re excited to share some menu descriptions straight from La Cava del Tequila! Let’s take a closer look.

Menu Planned for the Tequila Pairing Lunch at the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

When I attended the Tequila Pairing Lunch, we enjoyed four courses, paired with three different tequilas as well as Agovera Liqueur. (This event is not for the faint of heart. :-) )

Display Table at Entry of Luncheon

Display Table at Entry of Luncheon

As of the writing of this post, the lunch will include four courses paired with tequilas. But please keep in mind, the dishes are subject to change! Anything is possible between now and Festival Go-Time on September 25!

Your journey through the world of tequila will start with a Flautas de Carnitas — a mini crispy Flauta filled with Pork Carnitas and accompanied by Avocado, Cream, Queso Foam, Roasted Serrano Pepper, and Tomato.

Crispy Carnitas

Flautas de Carnitas

The next course, Sopa de Chile Poblano y Calabaza, will be prepared with Roasted Poblano Pepper, Zucchini, Cilantro, Queso Fresco, and Guajillo Pepper Oil.

The Main Entrée will be a combination of Mar y TierraPan-Seared Snapper and New York Strip — served with a creamy Potato Puree, Cactus Salad, Tequila and Dried Peppers Butter Sauce. It won’t look exactly like the two pictures below — it’s likely to be a combo plate — but these photos will give you an idea.

Pan Seared Grouper Taco

Mar y Tierra: Pan Seared Fish Taco

Red Snapper and New York Strip

Mar y Tierra: New York Strip

A Sweet Ending to the meal will feature a fun play on a classic — Pudin de Pan, or Bread Pudding with Chocolate Dirt, atop Vanilla Ice Cream. (Note that the dessert will not include the Tequila Cream shown in the photo below.)

Bread Pudding

Pudin de Pan: Bread Pudding with Chocolate Dirt Will Be Served Vanilla Ice Cream

Once again, we’ll reiterate that these menu items are tentative, and presentations are likely to change. Still, it’s very exciting to get a sneak peek into the creative process…and makes me want to head to La Cava for some tequila! And I don’t know about you, but this definitely whets my appetite for more Food and Wine Festival Special Event information!

Do you want MORE? Well, you’ve come to the right place…

Start Your Planning Today! The DFB Guide to the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book is now available for Pre-Order!

miniguide0715f_3D

This 200+-page guide to the Festival offers insider tips and advice as well as all of the details you need to know to plan your best Festival visit ever. Pre-order your 2015 edition today, and download the 2014 guide for FREE — immediately!

Your purchase includes several bonus items as well — including a full daily schedule of events at the Festival and a printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist to carry with you as you Eat around the World!

Use code Chefs at check-out for a $3 discount!

Stay tuned to Disney Food Blog for all the latest breaking Epcot Food and Wine Festival News!

Now I’d love to hear from you! Are you excited to attend a Tequila Pairing Lunch during the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival? Leave a comment and tell us what you are looking most forward to!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

View the full article