Review: Disneyland 60th Anniversary Mickey Mouse Cake Pop

I had an amazing time in Disneyland last week, celebrating the kick-off of their Diamond Anniversary year!

Sleeping Beauty Castle decked out for the Diamond Anniversary

Sleeping Beauty Castle decked out for the Diamond Anniversary

And, of course, as is the case anytime a Disney park celebrates a big milestone, they brought out tons of special treats. From dressed up candy apples…

Diamond Celebration Minnie Apple

Diamond Celebration Minnie Apple

…to diamond glow cubes…

Specialty beverages with diamond glow cubes

Specialty beverages with diamond glow cubes

…to the most incredible popcorn buckets ever…

Disneyland Balloon Popcorn Bucket

Disneyland Balloon Popcorn Bucket

…it was a blast just wandering the park noshing on all of the latest goodies.

But, of course I had to see what the 60th Anniversary cake pops were all about!

Disneyland 60th Anniversary Cake Pops

Disneyland 60th Anniversary Cake Pops

These guys were just

too cute, and it had been…well, probably years…since I’d had a Disney cake pop, so it was time to grab one in the name of research!

As you can see, Mickey’s all decked out in his diamond blue tux on this cake pop. The cake is coated in milk chocolate, dipped in white chocolate, and covered with glittery blue sugar.

Close Up of Disneyland Mickey Mouse Cake Pop

Close Up of Disneyland Mickey Mouse Cake Pop

I was expecting dark chocolate disks as the ears, as that’s what they use in the Mickey hat brownie; but these were white chocolate disks instead.

The cake itself is standard cake pop — super moist and molded into a little ball shape. The flavor on this was great — deep, rich chocolate…like eating a not-quite-cooked-all-the-way-through brownie. Yum!

Inside Disneyland Mickey cake pop

Inside Disneyland Mickey cake pop

Overall, the flavors and textures on this one were great. It was suuuuper sweet, and suuuuper chocolatey, as would be expected. And though it’s relatively small, I was on chocolate overload by the time I was through!

If you’re looking for a sweet treat that won’t break the bank and will still allow you to eat a meal after an hour or so, this is a great one to try! You can find ‘em all over Disneyland at all of the standard stops — Marceline’s, Candy Palace, Trolley Treats, etc.

Have you tried a Mickey Mouse cake pop? Let us know in the comments below!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

View the full article