Cast Member Gingerbread Displays at Art of Animation and Pop Century Resorts

Disney4me

Yes, the Christmas holiday has come and gone… So you might think it must be time to halt all the gingerbread chat for the year. However, just a few days after Christmas I stumbled upon two gingerbread displays that I’d never seen before.

Sure, we’ve taken you on tours of the Grand Floridian’s famous Gingerbread House, and this year’s new Frozen-inspired Gingerbread Display at the Contemporary Resort. But I must say, these smaller displays have a charm all their own. I’m talking about the Gingerbread Houses created by Cast Members at the Art of Animation and Pop Century Resorts!

Art of Animation Christmas Tree

Pop Century Christmas Tree

Pop Century Resort Holidays 9

Much like the Cast Member Pumpkin Carving contests happening at resorts all over Disney World for Halloween, various teams joined together to create their own gingerbread masterpieces. Guests placed their votes to determine a winner.

Gingerbread House Contest Display

Gingerbread House Contest Display

Over at Pop Century, the Food and Beverage Team took home the prize for this colorful Gingerbread Minnie Mouse House.

Minnie Mouse Gingerbread House

I love the Krispy Treat Chimney!

The other entries were pretty great, too :) . From this Gingerbread Pixie Hollow by the Merchandise Team…

Pixie Hollow Gingerbread House

Pixie Hollow Gingerbread House

… to a more traditional display by the Housekeeping Team.

Traditional Gingerbread House

This “Groovy” Gingerbread House is in good keeping with the Resort’s theme.

Groovy Gingerbread House

Groovy Gingerbread House

And rather than Christmas, this Wonderland-inspired House celebrates everybody’s “Unbirthday” instead!

Merry Unbirthday Gingerbread House

Merry Unbirthday Gingerbread House

A Candy Lane leads the way to this gingerbread creation…

I noticed this cute Oreo tree next to the Pixie Hollow display. I’m not sure if it was part of that display or its own creation, but I thought it was so cute that I wanted to include it either way.

Oreo Tree

Oreo Tree

Crossing the bridge to the Art of Animation Resort, the Custodial Team won for their wonderful “Up”-themed Gingerbread House!

"Up" Gingerbread House

“Up” Gingerbread House

I noticed the jelly bean balloons coming from the chimney right away, but it took a second look for me to notice the sky and clouds below the house :) .

"Up" Gingerbread House

“Up” Gingerbread House

Minnie’s a lucky mouse — she had two Gingerbread Houses in her honor, between this and the one at Pop.

The Food and Beverage Team gave their snowman his very own corner to enjoy life in the summer, just like Olaf dreamed about…

Food and Beverage Team Gingerbread House

Food and Beverage Team Gingerbread House

Relaxing Olaf

Relaxing Olaf

I really liked the icing detail on this display by the Recreation Team. The tree is awesome!

There are so many things about this final Gingerbread House that remind me of the fun details at Art of Animation, from the colored “pixel” tiles that mimic those on the outside of the buildings and on the lobby floor, to the white tree with colorful ornaments.

Colorful Gingerbread House

Colorful Gingerbread House

Thanks so much to the all the talented Cast Members who created these displays for guests to enjoy, and who spread so much holiday cheer all year round!

Do you have a favorite Gingerbread House from these displays? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

No related posts.

View the full article