Holiday Snack Series: Pecan Maple Bark from Epcot’s Canada Pavilion

Disney4me

Just one more day til Christmas, and it’s more holiday deliciousness today as we continue our stroll around World Showcase in Epcot!

These are snacks that are just perfect for enjoying as we take in all the sights and sounds of Holidays Around the World. What’s your favorite performance? I can never make up my mind!

Epcot Christmas tree ornaments

Epcot Christmas tree ornaments

On a recent visit, I decided to make it my mission to try as many holiday treats and snacks as possible. But what I found in the Canada Pavilion just may be my favorite sweet of the week. And to think I almost didn’t get it!

Pecan Maple Bark in Epcot’s Canada Pavilion

Epcot’s Holidays Around the World offers performances and special foods in each World Showcase pavilion, celebrating holidays that take place this time of year. And you can even track your progress with a passport.

Holidays Around the World at Epcot Passport

Holidays Around the World at Epcot Passport

And when you set your goal to eat your way around this enchanted holiday world, there’s no better place to start than the Canada Pavilion, where we found Pecan Maple Bark.

Epcot's Holidays Around the World -- Pecan Maple Bark in the Canada Pavilion

Epcot’s Holidays Around the World — Pecan Maple Bark in the Canada Pavilion

I’ll be honest — I didn’t buy this one last year. I figured, what’s the big deal about yet ANOTHER holiday-themed bark? Here’s a picture of the Pecan Maple Bark as you buy it, with the ingredients printed right on the bag.

Pecan Maple Bark in Epcot's Canada Pavilion

Pecan Maple Bark

But this was Ah-MAZING!!!! I think the most interesting thing here is the name “bark”. Because I’m no candy expert, but this seems more like English toffee to me — a hard candy that’s rich with butter, coated in chocolate. It’s easy to break through, but it definitely has some crunch to it. But the taste isn’t just buttery rich; there’s a healthy dose of Maple Flavor here, too. And it’s so good.

Pecan Maple Bark -- Out of the Wrapper

Pecan Maple Bark — Out of the Wrapper

You can see that crunchy middle part here as well as the Chocolate Coating. Toasted, Chopped Pecans add some additional texture and flavor. But it’s the sprinkle of Sea Salt on the top that makes this truly out of this world.

Pecan Maple Bark -- Up Close

Pecan Maple Bark — Up Close

That sweet, salty combo gets me every time, and the addition of maple flavor makes this one something really special.

Honestly, of all the things I tried this year at Holidays Around the World, this is the one I would most recommend.

Want to See Even More Disney Holiday Fun? Check Out the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Holidays!

It’s one of our favorite times of the year — of course, we’re talking about the Holidays at Walt Disney World!

miniguide_holidays0714

With so much to do, see, and EAT, we don’t want you to miss out on a single experience this holiday season. And so, we’ve put together the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays!

Our full color guide offers detailed descriptions and photos of every holiday event and activity happening at the Parks and Resorts. You’ll enjoy a clickable 3-Month Schedule of Holiday Events, so you can see at-a-glance what looks interesting to you. And comprehensive listings — with color photos! — of Disney Resort holiday decor and gingerbread displays make you feel like you’re right in the middle of the magic before you ever step foot through the Purple Gates!

There’s also a full chapter dedicated to all “New for 2014″ events, dining options, and activities, including what’s new at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, The Celebrate the Magic Castle Show, and the Epcot Candlelight Processional.

And with its handy e-book format, your DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays is instantly downloadable to all of your electronic devices immediately!

Will you be stopping by the Canada Pavilion for some Pecan Maple Bark this holiday season? Leave us a comment and tell us what you think!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Holiday Recipe: Peppermint Bark from the Sugar and Spice Holiday Bakery in Epcot’s America Pavilion
  2. Holiday Snack Series: Bûche de Noël from Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot’s France Pavilion
  3. Snack Series: Pumpkin Pecan Tart at Art of Animation Resort’s Landscape of Flavors

View the full article