Holiday Snack Series: Savory Turkey Waffle at Promenade Refreshments in Epcot

Disney4me

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! I hope you’re having a fantastic day!

Here at DFB, we couldn’t let the day pass without showing you one more stop on our Holidays Around the World tour! Today’s stop takes us back to Promenade Refreshments.

Holidays Around the World Menu at Refreshment Port -- Click to Enlarge

Holidays Around the World Menu at Promenade Refreshments — Click to Enlarge

There are some fun holiday options available at this stop just outside of World Showcase, including Seasonal Beer, special Hot Chocolate, and even Frozen Yogurt dressed up for the festivities. But we are, of course, here for the Waffle! Let’s take a look.

Savory Turkey Waffle at Promenade Refreshments

Last year, Promenade Refreshments featured two different holiday waffles — a Stuffing Waffle with Turkey, Cranberries, and Gravy, provided savory flavors. A Sweet Potato Waffle with all of the ingredients of the popular holiday casserole served as a dessert option. This year, they (sadly) decided to simplify and offer only one waffle, but with elements of both. (Don’t worry. They left out the marshmallows.)

Why do we say sadly? Well, because we really liked both of the holiday waffle entries last year.

Holiday Waffle from Epcot's Refreshment Port

Holiday Waffle from Epcot’s Promenade Refreshments

And this year’s is a decidedly different animal, with both good and not-our-favorite components. The 2014 version features a Sweet Potato Waffle with Turkey, Green Bean Casserole, and Crispy Fried Onions.

So — Sweet Potato Waffle: Really Awesome. Turkey — Awesome. Green Bean Casserole — Ummmm?

Holiday Waffle -- Another Angle

Holiday Waffle — Another Angle

I can think of many, many ways Disney could have gone with this. The Cranberry Relish on last year’s waffle was brilliant. And there’s always Stuffing (!!!!) or even Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.

So who invited Green Beans to the party? I know, I know. They’re often on the holiday table in casserole form. But they just don’t make sense to me in a waffle format.

Holiday Waffle -- Close Up

Holiday Waffle — Close Up

All I could think of when I looked at this was the Willy Wonka Violet Beauregard “Thanksgiving Dinner Gum” — sans blueberry pie.

And…there are just SO MANY BEANS here! It’s hard to get past them…literally and figuratively.

Holiday Waffle -- Inside

Holiday Waffle — Inside

Still, I’ll reiterate, the Waffle and Turkey were fantastic. I’ll just know to ask for my green beans on the side if this one shows up on menus again next year.

Can’t Get Enough of the Holidays and Disney? Check Out the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Holidays!

It’s such an awesome time of year — of course, we’re talking about the Holidays at Walt Disney World!

miniguide_holidays0714

With so much to do, see, and EAT, we don’t want you to miss out on a single experience this holiday season. And so, we’ve put together the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays!

Our full color guide offers detailed descriptions and photos of every holiday event and activity happening at the Parks and Resorts. You’ll enjoy a clickable 3-Month Schedule of Holiday Events, so you can see at-a-glance what looks interesting to you. And comprehensive listings — with color photos! — of Disney Resort holiday decor and gingerbread displays make you feel like you’re right in the middle of the magic before you ever step foot through the Purple Gates!

There’s also a full chapter dedicated to all “New for 2014″ events, dining options, and activities, including what’s new at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, The Celebrate the Magic Castle Show, and the Epcot Candlelight Processional.

And with its handy e-book format, your DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays is instantly downloadable to all of your electronic devices immediately!

Will you be stopping Promenade Refreshments for a Savory Turkey Waffle this holiday season? Share your thoughts in comments below!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Epcot Debuts Sweet and Savory Waffles for the Holidays!
  2. Holiday Snack Series: Bûche de Noël from Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot’s France Pavilion
  3. Holiday Snack Series: Pecan Maple Bark from Epcot’s Canada Pavilion

View the full article