Where have my Yak & Yeti egg rolls gone?

Disney4me

tdd-Yak-Yeti-counter-menu-300x168.jpgThe current menu at the Yak & Yeti counter-service station.

The Yak & Yeti’s outdoor counter service has saved me more than once at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Quick, not too expensive, and tasty too. My favorite treat? The side of egg rolls. You got two, and at a reasonable price.

So imagine my shock on a recent jaunt to Animal Kingdom’s Asia section to discover the menu has changed — and the egg rolls are gone. (But french fries are in?)

The shock was almost as bad as when Disney changed the recipe for the Citrus Swirl in the Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland. I still haven’t gotten over that one.

It looks like the Yak & Yeti counter-service menu is trying to offer more variety in its complete meals, maybe to help out with bigger summer crowds when there can be long waits for food.

But all I know is no cup of french fries is going to replace my favorite Animal Kingdom snack: crisp

View the full article