Review: Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake from Disney World’s BoardWalk Bakery

Disney4me

I had so much fun during my recent visit to Walt Disney World.

What’s not to love about Disney at the Holidays? It was such a gorgeous — and delicious! — trip.

Today, I had to share with you a great Cupcake that I waited day after day for at one of my favorite snack stops, BoardWalk Bakery.

Let’s take a look and then I want to hear what you think!

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake at BoardWalk Bakery

See, the “seasonal cupcake” at the beginning of my visit was a pumpkin spice version, and I just KNEW it would switch over to a holiday option during my trip. Sure enough, about two days before I left property this lovely treat showed up.

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake from Disney's BoardWalk Bakery

Specialty Cupcake? C’mon BoardWalk Bakery — Give Us Some Deets!

Upon chatting up one of the awesome Cast Members, I learned that the cupcake was Dark Chocolate Cake with a Strawberry Cheesecake Filling.

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake from the BoardWalk Bakery

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake from the BoardWalk Bakery

For some reason I was super impressed by the crunchy chocolate toppers that were all glittery. Why? Who can say? I just thought they were cool. And that adorable white chocolate star was perfect on top.

Crazy Cute Christmas Tree Decorations!

Crazy Cute Christmas Tree Decorations!

But enough about Chocolate Pearls that double as ornaments and White Chocolate Gold Stars. At the end of the day, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. (See? That works for people and cupcakes.)

Under a crown of super light and fluffy Whipped Cream (belch, blech, blech), you’ll find Super Dark Chocolate Cake.

And hidden inside — yep, there it is — a thick Strawberry Cheesecake Filling.

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake -- Cross Section

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake — Cross Section

The filling itself was only slightly less dense than actual cheesecake. I was really impressed with its consistency.

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake -- Filling Up Close

Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake — Filling Up Close

And the flavor? Well, non-traditional holiday-ness aside — it was good! I’m a big fan of fruit and chocolate combos, and a filling inside a cupcake is always a welcome addition.

Besides, have I mentioned how utterly adorable it is? Really, you can’t not.

What do you think of the Strawberry Cheesecake Holiday Cupcake? Leave a comment and tell us if it makes your “must have” list!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Snack Series: Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery
  2. Review: Ghost Cupcake at Disney’s BoardWalk Bakery
  3. Review: Red (Velvet) White and Blue Cupcake at BoardWalk Bakery

View the full article