Disney Parks Blog Weekly Recap

Disney4me

This week, we officially welcomed the newest addition to our gorilla family troop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in our weekly “Wildlife Wednesday” series. The new Western lowland gorilla is the second gorilla birth this year, and the fifth in the park’s history.

cuokbg263748

All Western lowland gorilla babies born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom have been a part of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ (AZA) Species Survival Plan (SSP), which ensures long-term survival of species by helping AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums manage species’ genetic diversity through detailed records of individual animals.

Check out Rachel’s story for more baby gorilla photos from Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

@rBc5FNoura: 70′s decade! Me and My Little Brother in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle@eilonwey28: 1970′s Disneyland. Me and Pluto on Main St. – Taken by my Dad in Mar. 1977, on my 2nd birthday.@rdpMW9qguY: 1974 Standing in front of Main Street@rvxaOmLOX6: 1974 Grad NiteFrom @sIV4quTHq4

And we continued the voting for the top Disneyland Resort memory from the past 60 years with some favorite Disneyland Resort memories from the 1970s.

You can go now to Erin’s story to vote. Voting will remain open until 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, October 1. Be sure to check back Thursday, October 2, when we’ll share the top five memories from the 1980s.

Each decade winner will receive a special Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration prize. Then, we’ll give you the chance to vote for one Grand Prize winner from among the winners of each decade. This lucky fan will win a trip to the start of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration in spring 2015. For complete rules, click here.

No purchase necessary. 18/age of majority+, 50 US/DC only. Void where prohibited. See Rules for details.

Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.

Halloween Time Snacks and Sweets at Disneyland Resort – Get a look at some of the snacks and sweets we’ve scared up at Disneyland Resort for Halloween Time.

Danny Elfman Reads from ‘Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas’ at Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland Park – Watch as musician, composer and longtime collaborator with Tim Burton, Danny Elfman performs this special reading of “The Nightmare Before Christmas”.

‘Muppets Most Wanted’ Star Constantine Visits Walt Disney World Resort – See the World’s Number One Criminal speak with our very own John Graham, sharing what he loves about visiting Disney Parks.

Planning for a Spooktacular Time at Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park – Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort is here! Here are some tips for planning your visit to Mickey’s Halloween Party.

A Home Away From Home at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa: 1-Bedroom Villa – Check out the spacious villas available at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Learn more about booking your getaway today!

New Halloween Celebrations at Disney Parks – Special new Halloween-themed gifting experiences from Disney Floral & Gifts are now available at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort!

Disney Parks Blog Weekly Recap by Thomas Smith: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog

4ipn2A3FskI

View the full article