How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise

Disney4me

It may only be September, but I know all of you creative gift-givers are already scheming up some pretty wonderful holiday present ideas for your loved ones. A Disney cruise is always a popular gift, and I’ve heard stories from so many people about the special ways they’ve unwrapped this present for their family.

Whether you’re brainstorming ideas for Christmas morning, or for when you give the gift “just because,” I thought you may be inspired by how some of our current and former Disney Parks Moms Panelists have surprised their families with a Disney cruise …

How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise: Nancy W.How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise: Nancy W.

Nancy W.
“Once we surprised our kids with a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning with clues placed all around the house. Each clue was wrapped in a package with items needed for our vacation like bathing suits, sunglasses and even pirate costumes! With every clue found, the kids grew closer to the final package which was waiting for them on the front porch. When they opened it, they found “tickets” for a magical voyage on the high seas with Captain Mickey and a Disney Cruise Line Planning DVD!”

How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise: Diane W.How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise: Diane W.

Diane W.
“One Christmas morning, after we exchanged gifts and ate breakfast, I suddenly “remembered” another present that we’d “forgotten.” I told the girls to look on the back porch, and when they opened the door, there were two suitcases with big Mickeys hand sewn on the front, mouse ears and giant Mickey and Minnie plush to greet them. I think my neighbors two blocks away could hear them screaming. “We’re going to Disney!” What they didn’t know (until they opened the suitcases) was that we were going on a Disney cruise! The suitcases were packed with new swimsuits, outfits and pillowcases monogrammed with our sail dates and the name of the ship.”

How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise: Marcy G.How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise: Marcy G.

Marcy G.
“We wanted to announce our surprise Disney Cruise Line vacation to the kids in a unique way, so we sent them on a scavenger hunt throughout the house and yard for clues. Each clue they found related to the trip, such as “Do you like warm weather?” and “Did you SEA that your bags are packed?”. The final clues were our itinerary for our Disney Magic cruise and their Magic Bands for our stay at Walt Disney World Resort. They couldn’t stop screaming to know we were leaving right then for a land and sea vacation with Captain Mickey!”

Have you ever given the gift of a Disney cruise? Tell us how you did it in the comments!

How to Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Disney Cruise by Jonathan Frontado: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog

M04uQxRXcrE

View the full article