Dining NEAR Disneyland: Disney-Themed Donuts at Orange County’s Donut Bar

Disney4me

Once in a while we find a place that’s “near” Disneyland and worth a mention. Orange County’s Donut Bar is one of those places.  Why you ask?

Because donuts. Disney donuts.

Free. Disney. Donuts.

Disney Themed Donuts!

Disney Themed Donuts!

Orange County’s Donut Bar is located in Fountain Valley.  Right off the 405 freeway between Euclid and Newhope, it’s only about a 15-20 minute drive to or from Disneyland.

This donut hot spot has been open since March, and they continue to sell out of their specialty donuts every single day.

Mickey and Minnie Donuts

Mickey and Minnie Donuts

They have some very unique and amazing flavors, but they do something especially unique and amazing on the weekends! Free donuts for kids. And guess what?  More often than not, they’re Disney themed. Really a fun treat.

Perry the Platypus Donuts

Perry the Platypus Donuts

I thought you’d enjoy seeing some of their fabulous creations here on the Disney Food Blog, especially since the closest thing to a donut the Disneyland Resort has is a beignet or a fritter.

Jesse and Woody Toy Story Donuts

Jesse and Woody Toy Story Donuts

Mrs. Potato Head Donuts

Mrs. Potato Head Donuts

Jack and Sally Nightmare Before Christmas Donuts

Jack and Sally Nightmare Before Christmas Donuts

Cars Donuts Featuring Sally, Mater and Lightning McQueen

Cars Donuts Featuring Sally, Mater and Lightning McQueen

Captain America Donuts

Captain America Donuts

Up Donuts

Up Donuts

Monsters Inc. Donuts

Monsters Inc. Donuts (LOVE the Sulley “Fur”)

Monster's University Donuts

Monster’s University Donuts

Winnie the Pooh & Tigger Donuts

Winnie the Pooh & Tigger Donuts

Winnie the Pooh and Piglet Donuts

Winnie the Pooh and Piglet Donuts

Olaf Donuts

Olaf Donuts

MORE Olaf Donuts!

MORE Olaf Donuts!

Not a donut fan? Or looking to satisfy a craving for a Disneyland Monte Cristo? Donut Bar can help with that, too. They have their own Monte Cristo that is sometimes on the ever-changing menu.  I haven’t tried it yet, but one of these days I hope to make it happen!

Donut Bar's Monte Cristo

Donut Bar’s Monte Cristo

Thirsty? They’ve got Stumptown Cold Brew Coffee, Chocolate Milk and Strawberry Milk on tap.  Perfect beverages to go with those perfect donuts.

Stumptown Cold Brew Coffee, Chocolate Milk & Strawberry Milk on Tap

Stumptown Cold Brew Coffee, Chocolate Milk & Strawberry Milk on Tap

I’ve been to the Donut Bar a few times.  Although the Disney donuts are adorable, my favorite flavors are Blueberry Meyer Lemon and Samoa. Yep, just like the cookie!

Blueberry Meyer Lemon

Blueberry Meyer Lemon

Samoa Donuts

Samoa Donuts

My recommendation? Pick a weekend, grab a kid, and head to Orange County’s Donut Bar for a fun treat.  The next day’s menu is always posted on Instagram, so if you’re looking for a particular flavor, be sure to check the menu first.

In order to prevent disappointment, get there early. Donuts sell out between 1:00-2:00pm daily during the week, and by 12:00-1:00pm on the weekends. Once they’re out, the doors are locked.  I’d hate for you to drive up and see this:

SOLD OUT!

SOLD OUT!

If you’re really worried about missing out and you want to be sure you get what you want, you can place an order online the day before and reserve a dozen for yourself here.

Have you been to the Donut Bar yet? Do you have a favorite flavor? Do you have a Disney donut you’d like to see made? I vote for Little Mermaid donuts!

Heather Sievers is the Disney Food Blog’s Dining in Disneyland columnist. See more of her columns here!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Donuts! The New Interactive Dessert!
  2. Dining in Disneyland: Award Wieners Serving Up OZ Themed Menu Items
  3. Review: Drunken’ Donuts at The Wilderness Lodge’s Territory Lounge

View the full article