Dining in Disneyland: The Pumpkin Muffin is Back!

Disney4me

This Friday marks the official start of Halloween Time at The Disneyland Resort. I was so excited when I saw this guy on Main Street, USA!

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Anyhow, as I strolled along, I decided to pop into the Jolly Holiday Bakery.

Jolly Holiday Bakery & Cafe

Jolly Holiday Bakery & Cafe

I recently tried several of the new items there and didn’t really expect to find anything in addition to them.  But guess what — the Pumpkin Muffin is back early!  Even though I was on my way to a big lunch, I had to try one.

Pumpkin Muffins in the Bakery Case

Pumpkin Muffins in the Bakery Case

The muffins are enormous. And for $2.99, I think they’re fairly priced.  You’re basically getting a cupcake without paying the $5-$6 bucks they usually cost!

Pumpkin Muffin

Pumpkin Muffin

The top  of the muffin is sprinkled with a cinnamon crumble and has a nice crunch to it.  Adorned with a dollop of cream cheese frosting and orange colored sugar sprinkles, I think this muffin is just about perfect.

Cream Cheese Frosting; Ready for its Close Up

Cream Cheese Frosting; Ready for its Close Up

The center of the muffin is very moist.  I often find Disneyland muffins to be dry.  In fact I rarely even purchase them.  I don’t know if I caught this one on a good day or if it’s the recipe, but it was really more cake-like than muffin-like. Especially with the delicious cream cheese frosting.

Upon cutting into it I noticed that the frosting did dip into the center a bit but it was definitely not “filled.”

Pumpkin Muffin Cross Section

Pumpkin Muffin Cross Section

Not only was the muffin moist but it was also very flavorful. The pumpkin stood out as a natural flavor and it had plump golden raisins that added some sweetness to the mix! I was actually surprised by how large some of the raisins were. Normally I’m not a huge raisin fan, but I do like golden raisins.

Look at the Size of That Thing!

Look at the Size of That Thing!

Overall

Overall, I’m a sucker for anything pumpkin. Halloween Time at Disneyland is my most favorite time of the year! I loved this muffin and I can’t wait to see what other pumpkin treats Disneyland has in store for us this year.

Stay tuned, because I’m making it my personal mission to keep you updated on all things pumpkin at the Disneyland Resort!  And don’t worry, if you’re not a pumpkin fan, I’ll keep you posted on the “other” Halloween treats as well…

What Halloween and Fall treats are you looking forward to at the Disney Parks? Let us know in the comments below!

Heather Sievers is the Disney Food Blog’s Dining in Disneyland columnist. See more of her columns here!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Dining in Disneyland: Thanksgiving Treats
  2. Dining in Disneyland: Pumpkin Beignets vs. Pumpkin Fritters
  3. Dining in Disneyland: Pumpkin Treats Crawl

View the full article