Review: Lemon Blast Cupcake at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons

Disney4me

You know how we love our big, over-the-top cupcakes here at the DFB.

We take ‘em filled with cream cheese, topped with Darth Vader, sprinkled with edible glitter, and any and all combinations of the above!

Cupcakes tend to take some of the top spots in any Disney World bakery case, so typically they aren’t remotely hard to spot.

But there is a little cupcake gem that really hasn’t received its proper due… The Lemon Blast Cupcake can only be found in the Sunshine Seasons bakery case in Epcot’s Future World, and more often than not, it’s hidden on the bottom shelf, well below the croissants, cookies, and muffins.

Here is a small batch, just waiting to be discovered like the “Charlie in the Box” on the Island of Misfit Toys…

Lemon Blast cupcake on the bottom of the case

Lemon Blast cupcake on the very bottom of the case

(By the way, the Lemon Blast Cupcake is $4.49 and a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan.)

One of our rad readers (thanks, Jessica!) reminded us of this one, and it’s high time to give the Lemon Blast Cupcake a little DFB love!

Aside from the zig-zaggy, criss-cross-y pattern of lemon (!) drizzled over the top, the rest of the cupcake is pretty basic… or so it seems. Vanilla frosting covers a yellow cupcake base.

Lemon Blast Cupcake

Lemon Blast Cupcake

Frosting and lemon closeup

Frosting and lemon closeup

Before we find out what’s inside, take a look at this…

Lemon Cupcake Topping

Lemon Cupcake Topping

Weird, right? The piped lemon gel topping is a little stringy and a little sticky. So be warned. ;-) I’m not sure how I feel about it. Physically it’s kind of gross, but it tasted fine. So, there ya go.

So what is inside, anyway? A lovely center of lemon curd. SCORE!!!

Inside Lemon Blast Cupcake

Inside Lemon Blast Cupcake

You know how I feel about lemon curd. I hold a reverence for it that’s rivaled only by my love of plastic cheese. So whenever I stumble upon it, it’s a good day :) .

I don’t even mind (much) that the vanilla frosting is on the thin side. It keeps the lemon the star of the show, and helps it live up to its name. The burst of lemon coupled with the vanilla makes the Lemon Blast Cupcake is everything it needs to be. So to my fellow lemonheads, I say… get on it!

epcotsnacks_miniguide_3d-350x371.jpg

Want Even More Epcot Snack Details?

Let’s face it: snacks are a big deal during your Disney vacation. And we’ve got all the info you need to get the biggest bang for your buck! The DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book, 2014 Edition helps you to make the most out of your trip.

Our fully guaranteed, convenient e-Book format is available for instant download and use on any mobile device, so you’ll be able to enjoy it immediately!

Inside the DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book you’ll find full-color photos and reviews of over 250 of our favorite Epcot snacks, pricing and dining plan info, bonus items, and more!

And for a limited time only, we’re thanking you for supporting this blog by offering the Guide for a $3 discount! To secure the discount, use code Epcot2014 at check-out.

And all of our DFB Guides come with a 100% money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose!

Have you tried the Lemon Blast Cupcake? Please let us know your thoughts with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. New! Pineapple Coconut Cupcake at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons
  2. Snack Series: Guava Cream Cheese Cupcake at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons
  3. Review: Lemon Meringue Cupcake and MORE at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

View the full article