Review: Strawberry and Cream Cupcake at Epcot’s Fountain View Starbucks

Disney4me

When visiting Fountain View – Epcot’s Starbucks location – you’ll primarily find food items similar to what you’ll likely see at any Starbucks across the country: cake pops, muffins, breads, and Danish pastries, to name a few.

However, at the two Starbucks locations in Disney Parks (the other being Magic Kingdom’s Main Street Bakery), there are a few treats specific to these locations – primarily, cupcakes!

And it’s always good to see those gems in the case amidst the more standard fare… especially since they come out along with all the other treats at breakfast time, and it’s practically a vacation rite of passage to start your day with a cupcake ;) . The previous selection from Fountain View included the Mickey Cupcake and the Cappuccino Chocolate Cupcake. And we love the Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake at Main Street Bakery!

Disney cupcakes at Fountain View

Disney cupcakes at Fountain View

Peanut Butter Cupcake at Main Street Bakery

Peanut Butter Cupcake at Main Street Bakery

A little while ago, Fountain View debuted a new cupcake next to to the Mickey Cupcake (replacing the Cappuccino Chocolate Cupcake), and I decided to give it a try: the Strawberry and Cream Cupcake. (Note that the bakery changes out items seasonally, so these may or may not be there on your visit. :-D)

Strawberry and Cream cupcakes in Fountain View case

Strawberry and Cream cupcakes in Fountain View case

I’m starting to realize that I’ve been completely spoiled by the humongous cupcakes found all over Disney World at places like Starring Rolls Cafe, Contempo Café, and the BoardWalk Bakery, because this cupcake struck me as rather small… when, in actuality, it’s a just, like, a normal-sized cupcake :).

The swirled strawberry and vanilla frosting is a really nice touch.

Strawberry and Cream swirled frosting

Strawberry and Cream swirled frosting

I prefer a thicker frosting, and though this frosting was airy and light instead, I appreciated that I could spot vanilla bean seeds in the “cream” side of the swirled frosting as well as strawberry seeds from the puree in the strawberry side.

Vanilla frosting

Vanilla frosting

Strawberry frosting

Strawberry frosting

That, unfortunately, is where my appreciation of this cupcake ended. Since it’s a Disney cupcake, I was expecting a filling, so I cut in as carefully as I could to find what was tucked inside the yellow cake base. I wasn’t expecting the strawberry jam that came spilling out, and the way the whole thing kind of fell around it.

Inside of Strawberry and Cream cupcake

Inside of Strawberry and Cream cupcake

Since I don’t like the consistencies of cake and any sort of jam together, this was a no go for me. It just gives me the heebie-jeebies and I don’t know why! Out of curiosity, are there any food combos that do that to you, or am I alone in this?

Anyhoooo, coming back from that tangent… When I mixed everything up it reminded me a little of strawberry shortcake which fans of all things strawberry might really enjoy. (See some other great Disney strawberry shortcake desserts here!)

Bite of Strawberry and Cream cupcake

Bite of Strawberry and Cream cupcake

But overall I’m giving this one a “thanks, but no thanks.”

I do like, though, that the in-park Starbucks have both retained a couple of Disney-specific snacks, and I hope this trend continues as we anticipate arrivals of Starbucks in both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in the future!

epcotsnacks_miniguide_3d-350x371.jpg

Want Even More Epcot Snack Details?

Let’s face it: snacks are a big deal during your Disney vacation. And we’ve got all the info you need to get the biggest bang for your buck! The DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book, 2014 Edition helps you to make the most out of your trip.

Our fully guaranteed, convenient e-Book format is available for instant download and use on any mobile device, so you’ll be able to enjoy it immediately!

Inside the DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book you’ll find full-color photos and reviews of over 250 of our favorite Epcot snacks, pricing and dining plan info, bonus items, and more!

And for a limited time only, we’re thanking you for supporting this blog by offering the Guide for a $3 discount! To secure the discount, use code Epcot2014 at check-out.

And all of our DFB Guides come with a 100% money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose!

Would you like to try the Strawberry and Cream Cupcake? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. New! Strawberry and Cream Cupcake Debuts at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  2. Review: Fountain View Cafe Starbucks Guava Pocket and Peanut Butter Brownie in Epcot
  3. Epcot’s Fountain View Ice Cream

View the full article