Walt Disney World Steak Gallery

Disney4me

It’s time for another fun addition to our Disney Food Galleries!

disney world steak gallery

We just love to share photos of all of our favorite foods — and collect them into galleries for easy viewing! Whether your craving is for popcorn, ice cream, or a cupcake, there’s a gallery for you!

And today, we’re introducing a brand new gallery for all of you red meat lovers out there! Yep, we’ve gathered a whole buncha steaks from around Disney World to help you make your choices on your next visit.

Remember, some of these may drop off menus from time to time or have side dishes or preparation changed, but hopefully this will give you a good overview of what’s available! Here we go!

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht Club is one of my top picks when it comes to steak at Walt Disney World. After all, they decorate with meat — the first thing you pass en route to your seat is the Steak Trimming Room!

Chefs here pride themselves not only on the very best cuts of meat, but appetizers, side dishes, and desserts inspired by market fresh ingredients. Yachtsman combines the very best of seasonal flavors with the traditional steak experience.

My absolute favorite pick at Yachtsman is the 16-ounce Boneless Ribeye. It is always a melt-in-your-mouth choice.

Ribeye with Herb Fries at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Ribeye with Herb Fries at Yachtsman Steakhouse

But we are also big fans of the 12-ounce Prime New York Strip Steak, served here with a rich potato gratin stack.

Strip Steak

12-ounce Prime New York Strip Steak

Shula’s

Shula’s at Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin is the kind of place that you think of when you envision an upscale steakhouse. As your eyes adjust to the dim lighting and you check out the menu — printed on a football! — you’ll settle into the refined elegance of your surroundings.

When I have the chance to dine here, I almost always go for my favorite, the 22-ounce Cowboy Ribeye (are you sensing a theme?). The Bone-in Steak has been excellent on every visit. The flavor is unbelievable!

Cowboy Ribeye

22-ounce Cowboy Ribeye

Looking for a lighter approach to soothe your carnivore cravings? We’ve also enjoyed the Steak Mary Anne. Delicate by steakhouse standards, the 5-ounce medallions are served with a simple demi glace in this case. It’s the perfect plate for the guest who prefers all the flavor of prime, aged beef in a smaller serving.

Steak Mary Anne

Steak Mary Anne

Flying Fish

If you’re a landlubber like me, then finding a great steak at a restaurant known for fabulous seafood is a dream come true. But it’s not impossible if you’re dining at Flying Fish Cafe.

When I visit, I always order the Char-Crusted Black Angus New York Strip. The creamy Sauce Foyot is such a great accent — and they’re never chintzy with it!

Char Crusted Black Angus New York Strip

Char-Crusted Black Angus New York Strip

Can’t decide between surf and turf? You don’t have to! Try the two house specialities side by side with the Entree Duo, which features the Char-Crusted Angus New York Strip Steak and the restaurant’s most famous fish dish, the Potato-wrapped Red Snapper.

Entree Duo of Red Snapper and Strip Steak

Entree Duo of Red Snapper and Strip Steak

Jiko

Jiko offers some of the most interesting food at Walt Disney World.

And while I enjoy the fusion of African, Indian, and Meditteranean flavors when it comes to appetizers and desserts, I rarely deviate from my favorite entree: the Oak-Grilled Filet.

Oak Grilled Filet with Mac and Cheese

Oak-Grilled Filet with Mac and Cheese

And even when their delicious Mac and Cheese isn’t featured as the dish’s side, you can usually score it as a special request (and I totally recommend that you do). :-)

Liberty Inn

In the mood for steak with no Advance Dining Reservation? Then head to Epcot’s Liberty Inn. Their New York Strip Steak, served with Red Wine Butter, Roasted Potatoes, and Steamed Broccoli, is surprisingly good.

New York Strip Steak Meal

New York Strip Steak Meal

Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant

Even though most of my favorite steaks at Disney World are featured at signature restaurants, that doesn’t mean you can’t find a good option at moderately priced restaurants, too, like Sci-Fi Dine-In.

Recently, I was pleasantly surprised by the Flame Broiled New York Strip here. The tasty cut was tender and topped with an incredible Blue Cheese Butter! Maybe it’s just the romance of dining in a convertible under faux stars. Nah…it really is fantastic.

Flame Broiled New York Strip Steak

Flame Broiled New York Strip Steak

Le Cellier

You knew I’d get to Le Cellier, right? The tiny restaurant located in Epcot’s Canada Pavilion has become increasingly popular and pricey over the last few years.

But Le Cellier’s famous Filet has been a must-have menu item in my book for years.

In the past, it has always been served with Mushroom Risotto and Truffle Butter Sauce.

Le Cellier's Famous Mushroom Filet

Le Cellier’s Famous Mushroom Filet

But in keeping with its identity as a Signature Restaurant, Le Cellier has taken to fiddling with the dish. On my recent visit, the Filet was served with Spinach Risotto, Smoked Bacon, and a Parmesan-Butter Sauce. I was prepared to be disappointed — but…it was as good as (if not better than!!) the original! I can’t wait to have it again!

Le Cellier Filet with Smoked Bacon, Spinach Risotto, and Parmesan-Butter Sauce

Le Cellier Filet with Smoked Bacon, Spinach Risotto, and Parmesan-Butter Sauce

If your tastes run to Ribeye, check out their Bone-In version, served with a flavorful Compound Butter.

Bone In Ribeye

Bone-In Ribeye

Their Angus New York Strip also wins rave reviews.

Canadian Prime New York Strip with Potato Pave

Canadian Prime New York Strip with Potato Pave

Kona Cafe

A great steak is just a monorail ride away when you dine at Kona Cafe. Fusion flavors inspired by the Polynesian Islands Asian cuisine bring a special flair to dishes here. As a bonus, you can have steak for breakfast, lunch, and dinner here if you’d like!

Start your day off with one of our favorite morning meals — Steak and Eggs!

Steak and Eggs

Steak and Eggs

We love the Grilled Teriyaki Steak at lunch, served as part of the Polynesian Plate Lunch with Pineapple Salsa and sides of Sticky Rice and Pasta Salad.

Grilled Teriyaki Steak

Grilled Teriyaki Steak

For dinner, they also feature a delicious New York Strip Steak accented with a Molasses Bacon Butter. Many folks feel that it’s one of the top steak options in all of Disney!

The Wave…Of American Flavors

Another moderate restaurant featuring a delicious steak option is The Wave…Of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

The Wave emphasizes farm fresh fare and seasonal ingredients, so you’re likely to see different sides and accompaniments during your visit. But I’ve always enjoyed the Grilled Beef Tenderloin here when I’ve ordered it! While the size is a little smaller than many Disney restaurant servings, I found it to be perfect.

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano

Usually, when I dine at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I enjoy the Italian specialities that this quaint restaurant is known for. But on a recent visit, I discovered they serve a pretty fantastic steak! OK, I’ll be honest — this is one of my new favorite steaks in Disney World, hands down. I dream about this thing. And the fact that their Charred Strip Steak is currently served with a baked Five Cheese Macaroni.

I’m jealous of anyone who gets to eat this.

Charred Strip Steak

Charred Strip Steak

Boatwright’s Dining Hall

Chances are that you haven’t even heard of Boatwright’s Dining Hall if you haven’t stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. But believe me when I say so: it’s worth the trip just to dine here. And my very favorite dish among many standout items is the Slow-Roasted Prime Rib.

Prime Rib straddles the fence between a roast and a steak. But since I usually find it on classic steakhouse menus, I’m including it! There’s nothing particularly unique about this version. It’s just a quality cut of meat, roasted perfectly, and served with perfect sauces and side dishes. How can you go wrong with roast beef, potatoes, jus, and creamy horseradish? It’s the best we’ve ever had — anywhere, actually.

Slow-Roasted Prime Rib

Slow-Roasted Prime Rib

Teppan Edo

Who doesn’t love a trip to a Japanese steakhouse? And when you’re actually in Japan — Epcot’s Japan, that is — you can enjoy the teppanyaki experience at Teppan Edo.

I enjoyed the Nihonbashi, or Steak and Chicken Combo, the last time I dined here. Asakusa, a combination of Steak and Shrimp, is another red meat option.

So good — and it’s always fun to watch the talented hibachi chefs at work! Upgrade to filet to get one of the most tender steaks you’ve ever had.

Steak and Chicken

Steak and Chicken

Beef purists can also enjoy Filet Mignon served solo with traditional Rice and Vegetables.

Citricos

Looking for a good date night spot? You’ll love the bright, elegant ambiance of Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.

When we have occasion to dine here, there’s always a fight over who gets to order the steak! In the past, it’s been an Oak-Grilled Filet of Beef that was so delicious, it led to fork fights.

Oak-Grilled Filet of Beef

Oak-Grilled Filet of Beef

These days, we hear they are featuring an Oak-Grilled Rib-Eye Filet of Beef. Hmmm. We may need to look into this. ;-)

Narcoossee’s

Narcoossee’s at the Grand Floridian is another Disney restaurant well-known for impressive seafood dishes. And the view of Wishes across Seven Seas Lagoon is stunning.

But they have a lovely steak option for those among us who aren’t in love with fish. The last time we dined here, my husband and I both ordered the Filet Mignon! It was for the best. This way, we didn’t have to fight over it!

Filet Mignon

Filet Mignon

If you’re in a truly extravagant mood, try the Butter Poached Lobster with Your Filet Mignon! You can order your Lobster Tail steamed. But…why? ;-)

Filet Mignon and Butter Poached Lobster Tail

Filet Mignon and Butter Poached Lobster Tail

Artist Point

Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is well-known for their Cedar-Plank Roasted Salmon and exotic selections, like Buffalo, Venison, and Game Sausage. But they also serve a lovely Grilled Center Cut Filet Mignon.

Grilled Center Cut Filet Mignon

Grilled Center Cut Filet Mignon

Hollywood Brown Derby

It took me a while to try Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. But when I finally did, I was in love instantly!

I have enjoyed their Charred-glazed Filet of Beef again and again, especially when they serve it with butter and a big ol french fry on top!

Charred Filet of Beef over a Zellwood Corn and Pancetta Risotto, Arugula Pesto, and Pickled Rainbow Carrots

Charred-glazed Filet of Beef

California Grill

We love California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for its sweeping views. There’s no better place at Disney to take in a sunset — or watch Wishes at Magic Kingdom!

Chef Brian Piasecki enjoys changing up sides and sauces, but the Oak-Fired Filet of Beef remains a popular menu favorite.

Oak-fired Filet of Beef

Oak-Fired Filet of Beef

A departure from traditional steak options, guests also love the Seared Bison.

Seared Bison Close up

Seared Bison

Monsieur Paul

At Monsieur Paul in Epcot’s France Pavilion, you’ll also find Filet Mignon. But this signature dining spot offers its own twist on the tender cut of meat.

The Filet de Boeuf Grillé Forestier comes topped with a crust made of Pureed Mushrooms. Reminiscent of Pâté in consistency, it distinguishes this dish from other steaks that you’ll find throughout Disney World.

Filet at Monsieur Paul

Filet de Boeuf Grillé Forestier

Coral Reef Restaurant

We talk so much about the World Showcase restaurants in Epcot that sometimes it’s easy to forget Coral Reef Restaurant in Future World.

While fish and seafood are certainly on the menu, lots of folks head here for the Grilled New York Strip Steak.

Grilled New York Strip Steak

Grilled New York Strip Steak

San Angel Inn Restaurante

If you enjoy your steak with a bit of Mexican flare for good measure, you might want to check out San Angel Inn Restaurante in Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion.

The Carne Asada platter features a New York Strip Steak served with Cheese Enchilada, Black Refried Beans, and Mexican Rice.

Carne Asada

Carne Asada

La Hacienda de San Angel

Across the way, La Hacienda de San Angel offers a mixed grill that includes steak as well. Featuring Sirloin, Chicken, Chorizo and Veggies, La Hacienda Parrillada includes a little something for everyone!

La Hacienda Parrillada - Sirloin, Chicken, Chorizo and Veggies

La Hacienda Parrillada – Sirloin, Chicken, Chorizo and Veggies

Be Our Guest Restaurant

Dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland is a memorable experience. I mean, how often do you get the chance to dine in an enchanted castle?

The Grilled Strip Steak here is one of my favorite menu items!

Grilled Strip Steak

Grilled Strip Steak

Grand Floridian Cafe

You can find another great steak on the Magic Kingdom Monorail loop at the Grand Floridian Cafe. This is a great option when you don’t have an advance dining reservation, but you’d like to enjoy a relaxing lunch. The Char-Crusted New York Strip Steak is the steak du jour right now.

Char-Crusted New York Strip Steak

Char-Crusted New York Strip Steak

But from time to time, guests may also find this lovely Ribeye on the menu. When last we had it, there was a bit too much sauce for my liking, but it was still fantastic and cooked perfectly.

Grand Floridian Cafe Ribeye with Steamed Vegetables and Fries

Grand Floridian Cafe Ribeye with Steamed Vegetables and Fries

Splitsville Luxury Lanes

Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Downtown Disney offers steak lovers a couple of fun ways to enjoy their favorite entree.

Fans of tenderloin will love the buttery Filet Sliders!

Filet Sliders

Filet Sliders

But if you like steak as an accent with other foods, you may want to try the hearty Steak Fajita Rice Bowl.

Steak Fajita Rice Bowl

Steak Fajita Rice Bowl

And there you have it! Some of the best steaks that money — or Disney Dining Plan Credits — can buy in Disney World! There’s no shortage of amazing steaks at Disney. Whether you’re looking for a special occasion dinner or an economic meal, you have lots of choices!

Looking for Even More Great Disney Restaurant Information?

We give you even more detail about where you can find the best of the best in our 450-page DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014. Our guide is your ticket to planning your best Disney trip yet!

mini_guide2014_300x250

The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 is full of tips and planning tools, tested by our team of Disney Dining experts. We’ve done the research for you, so you’ll know just which spots to head to for all of your dining needs, whatever you’re craving!

With sample dining itineraries, plus our “Disney Dining at a Glance” section, featuring “Where Can I Find?” options, you’ll have everything you need to plan the best vacation ever. Click here to get your copy of The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 E-book — and use code 2014 for an extra $4 discount for a limited time!

Be sure to check out our Best Disney World Restaurants page for even more great Disney restaurant suggestions!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. The Most Popular Disney World Restaurants (and Alternatives When They’re Full)
  2. Disney World Crème Brûlée Gallery
  3. Disney World and Disneyland Dining for Valentine’s Day

View the full article