Spotted: Pokemon, Mario, and Thomas & Friends Treats in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion

Disney4me

Today, we are back with another fun and wacky trip through Mitsukoshi Department Store in the Japan Pavilion of Epcot’s World Showcase.

Mitsukoshi-Department-Store-500x334.jpg

Mitsukoshi Department Store

Seriously, I haven’t been to the actual country of Japan. (Yet.) But if the department stores there are half as awesome as Mitsukoshi is, then I’m booking the next flight.

I mean, where else can you go to buy all things Hello Kitty; the coolest kimonos, chopsticks, and tea sets imaginable; plus monorail plates (I know. They’re bullet trains. Whatever.) — AND pearls?!?

And don’t even get me started on the Pocky and Sake! (See what I just did there?) Plus a myriad of other fun eats.

Well, we’re staying with the theme of animation on this trip, as we take another fun look at cool candy you can score in the Japan Pavilion.

Pokémon, Mario, and Thomas & Friends Food Finds

Let’s get the party started with everyone’s favorite little anime…dude — Pikachu from the world of Pokémon. Well, I mean, he’s in the front. But he has his buddies with him on this “Drink for Entertainment”.

Pokemon-Drink-Japan-Mitsukoshi-417x625.j

Pokemon Drink

If you’d like to get some insight into what you’ll be ingesting, have a peek at the nutritional information and contents on the back. Although I don’t promise that either will be very illuminating.

Pokemon-Drink-Nutrition-Japan-Mitsukoshi

Pokemon Drink Nutrition

The Pokémon Candy Packs give you several characters to choose from! (Forgive me. I’m soooo not up on Pokémon lore.) But ya gotta admit — these are pretty cute. Love Pikachu’s little fierce face!

Pokemon-Candy-2-Japan-Mitsukoshi-600x400

Pokemon Candy

Pokémon is second in world wide popularity only to this next guy when it comes to the kingdom of gaming. He’s a little fella you might know as Mario.

Now, we love him. But he’s especially fun in gummy form. (Isn’t everything?) And even better — he doesn’t contain peanuts. Random, yes. But good to know.

Super-Mario-Gummies-2-Japan-Mitsukoshi-4

Super Mario Gummies

You can also get Mario Crunchy Candies. No, seriously — that’s what it’s called. They’re clearly all about texture (but the dispenser is kinda great, too).

Mario-Crunchy-Candy-Dispensers-2-Japan-M

Mario Crunchy Candy Dispensers

But call off the hunt for your Candy Souvenir Needs! Because what could be better than Pez? How about Klik?! You can choose from Mario or Yoshi, and the dispensers come with refills.

Mario-Candy-Dispensers-1-Japan-Mitsukosh

Mario Candy Dispensers

Straying away from gaming and straight into animation, we found another beloved character represented — this time, someone for the toddler set.

Thomas & Friends, the beloved British animated series, must also have found popularity in Japan, judging from these cute Thomas-themed candies. Fans of the series can choose from tubes that resemble Thomas, Percy, or James from the series.

Thomas-and-Friends-Tube-Candy-1-Japan-Mi

Thomas and Friends Tube Candy

At first, I thought they these little faces were actually the candy! But they’re just the decorative end of the tube. The actual candies are pill-sized, white, and have the different little faces stamped on them. Think of uncolored Sweet Tarts, and you’ll be on the right track.

Thomas-Face-Candy-2-Japan-Mitsukoshi-600

Check Out the Little Thomas Faces. Funny or a Little Creepy?

But without a doubt, my favorite was the Thomas & Friends — what else?? — Pocky! If you’ve been around a bit, you know how much I love these Japanese cookie sticks, and some of my favorites are the chocolate-dipped ones!

Thomas-the-Train-Pocky-Japan-Mitsukoshi-

Thomas the Train Pocky. NOW We’re Talkin’!

So there’s our latest little sojourn to and through Mitsukoshi! If you haven’t ever had the chance to meander through this corner of Epcot, really, I can’t encourage you enough to set aside time during your very next trip to make it happen! And if you need to bring home some fun and quirky souvenirs from your trip — well, you’re welcome.

Which of today’s food finds from Mitsukoshi Department Store intrigues you the most? Leave a comment and let us know which you’ll go in search of during your next visit!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Snack Series: Pocky in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion
  2. Guest Review: Packaged Snacks at Mitsukoshi in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion
  3. Spotted! “Monorail” Kids’ Plates in Epcot’s Japan

View the full article