Review: Croissant Berry Bread Pudding at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot’s Land Pavilion

Disney4me

When it comes to Disney World, sometimes I think there are morning park people and there are night park people.

I’ve always considered myself a night park person… I’m always up for a viewing of any of the nighttime spectaculars, and I’ve never been able to pick a favorite out of Illuminations, Wishes, or Fantasmic!

And the lights on the buildings on Main Street or the torches surrounding World Showcase only add to atmosphere. Plus, the blazing Florida sun has set, so you know… bonus!

But even I have to admit that sometimes the early bird really does catch the worm. Check out this unbelievably peaceful atmosphere for an early morning breakfast of Croissant Berry Pudding at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons!

Early morning at Sunshine Seasons

Early morning at Sunshine Seasons

Sunshine Seasons Sign

Sunshine Seasons Sign

Can’t you just hear the music from Soarin’ somewhere in the back of your mind :) ?

Anyway, while the crowds are lining up for their morning java over at Fountain View (Starbucks) Cafe, Sunshine Seasons has a few great A.M. treasures (available until 11:00AM) that shouldn’t be overlooked.

You can find plenty of bakery pastries alongside hot breakfast dishes, including an Egg and Bacon Breakfast Panini; a full Breakfast Platter featuring eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and a biscuit; and – the reason for today’s visit – a Croissant Berry Bread Pudding.

Breakfast Menu at Sunshine Seasons

Breakfast Menu at Sunshine Seasons

Don’t let the simple presentation in the paper bowl fool you — this unique take on a typical bread pudding has, as you know from the name, croissant pastry as its base.

Croissant Berry Pudding in paper bowl

Croissant Berry Pudding in paper bowl

The focus is on the plentiful, buttery croissant over the bursts of brightly flavored, slightly tart blueberry. You can see all the layers of the croissant when you receive your serving.

(AJ’s Editor Note: “Where’s the Icing?”)

Croissant Berry Pudding

Croissant Berry Pudding

There is an occasional variation in the flavor when you hit a yummy pocket of cinnamon. Good morning!

Cinnamon pocket!

Cinnamon pocket!

I was expecting something much sweeter from the outset, but the subtle, buttery flavor paired with the berry and cinnamon really grew on me with every bite.

It’s very moist as you would expect from a bread pudding, without being weighed down and soggy.

(AJ’s Editor Note: “Um…Icing?”)

Bite of Croissant Berry Pudding

Bite of Croissant Berry Pudding

Since the texture is so light, it caught me by surprise how soon I started to feel full, especially since I arrived good and hungry. I know, I know… I shouldn’t have been surprised –  it is bread and all ;) . Maybe it wasn’t surprise so much as disappointment, because I really wanted to keep enjoying it.

I actually took a picture of the moment when I started to feel full. It may not look like much, but I still had a ways to go at this point.

This much left!

This much left!

Still, I pressed on… it was simply too good not to!

At $2.99 (it’s also a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan), the Croissant Berry Pudding is pretty much a bargain. A hefty, filling serving of something truly tasty without being overly sweet, it’s a winner on all fronts — from portion and price to taste. Not a bad way to start your day at Epcot at all…

(AJ’s Editor Note: “Needs Icing.”)

Have you tried the Croissant Berry Pudding? Please let us know what you thought with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Guest Review: Sunshine Seasons in Epcot
  2. Snack Series: Key Lime Tart at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons
  3. Review: Sunshine Tree Terrace Lemonade with Wild Berry Foam

View the full article