Review: Gravy Fries at Everything Pop Food Court at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Disney4me

May I make a Disney food confession?

I can’t – CAN’T – enter the Everything Pop Food Court at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Everything Pop Food Court

Everything Pop Food Court

…and not indulge in a serving of Gravy Fries.

Gravy Fries

Gravy Fries

If you’ve visited Everything Pop, you may not have even seen Gravy Fries on the menu – they just get a small mention on the side of the screen at the sandwich station, and it rotates out occasionally to spotlight other items.

Pop Century Sandwich Station Menu

Pop Century Sandwich Station Menu

Basically, everything you need to know is in the name: Gravy. And. Fries.

The fries are standard issue Disney fries. The beef gravy covering them is… well, I think it’s awesome – you can spot the bits of pepper to give it just a little zest, and it’s consistently thick and rich.

Gravy close-up

Gravy close-up

You actually need tools to tackle Gravy Fries… several napkins (they’re a gravy-frenzied mess!) and forks for the fries you just can’t pick up because you can’t find a gravy-free inch, what with all the gravy that oozes to the bottom of the container.

Gravy Fries and accompanying tools

Gravy Fries and accompanying tools

Gravy Fries on fork

Gravy Fries on fork

Honestly, you don’t really need me to tell you if Gravy Fries are for you. You know right away. You probably find Gravy Fries either entirely appealing or completely horrifying, and that’s all there is to it. (For example, AJ and I part ways here…she wouldn’t touch ‘em, but they’re my holy grail.)

If you’ve been to Pop Century, you know that some of its quirky appeal is in the background music loop that you hear upon entering the lobby and continuing into the Food Court. While chomping on Gravy Fries, I’ve enjoyed hearing “Hold My Hand,” by Hootie and the Blowfish, 50s dance hit “At the Hop,” “The Hustle” (perhaps you’ve seen the Pop Century Food & Beverage team dancing along to this one), and “Talkin’ in Your Sleep,” by the Romantics.

But – for whatever reason – four times out of five when I’m eating Gravy Fries (yes, I eat them A LOT), I hear “St. Elmo’s Fire (Man in Motion)” from the 80s hit Brat Pack movie, “St. Elmo’s Fire.”

"Remember When..."

“Remember When…”

And herein lies the greatness of Everything Pop. Where else can you indulge in a complete guilty pleasure… while listening to nothing but guilty pleasures?!

Retro sign

Retro sign

If you find that other somewhere, let me know. Especially if they serve Gravy Fries.

So, are Gravy Fries for you? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com!Also, come on over and:

Related posts:

1. Guest Review: Lunch at Everything POP Food Court in Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  2. News! Menu Updates and New Dishes at Disney’s Pop Century Resort Food Court
  3. Pop Century’s Everything Pop Food Court

View the full article