Disney4me Posted August 23, 2025 Report Posted August 23, 2025 I’m not going to Disney World this year. And honestly, it has been a hard pill for me to swallow. Me in front of the casting window You see, I’m a Disney adult through and through. I have gone to Disney World every year for over 12 years. I was also a Disney World Cast Member. But this year, I decided we simply weren’t making the trip to Disney World. This is for a few reasons. Disney World Is EXPENSIVE Duh. We all know that Disney World is so darn expensive these days. I used to be able to swallow the pill of just how expensive it was because I was young and didn’t have a ton of responsibilities. I would just pay for myself and meet my friends who lived in Orlando, or it would be just my husband and me going. It was our one trip of the year, and I always found a way to justify a price. Even if that meant putting myself in bad financial positions (being a Disney Adult can be a bit of an addiction, y’all — just being truthful here). Cinderella Castle But now, I have a toddler and a house and life things that need to be paid for. Groceries ain’t cheap, you know that. And I have just realized that, as much as I love going to the parks, sometimes it’s just not financially responsible to do so. So this year, I told myself to “suck it up, buttercup,” and made the decision that we were going to take a year off from going to the parks. And yes, I have to constantly remind myself that I do, in fact, have a trip booked in February to ease the Disney blues since I haven’t been since last October. Non-Disney Adults are totally judging me right now, but that’s ok. I am who I am. I’m also not just paying for myself and my husband anymore. We now have a 2-year-old son. I took him to Disneyland when he was almost 1 year old and Disney World when he was about 1 1/2. Then he turned 2, and things just got even more expensive because we now have to pay for him when he flies — which is annoying because he won’t leave my lap anyway. And he actually has an appetite, so paying for food comes into play too (Kids do eat free at Disney World in 2026, though). Disney really has been dishing out some HEFTY discounts this year, too (which have been SO very tempting). Emmitt with Mickey Prices for tickets, food, and merchandise have all increased, and very few things have opened since the last time I visited. So it was time for me to take a year off, y’all. Disney World Is Tough With a Toddler On top of Disney World being too expensive, I have experienced Disney with a little one before, and it’s TOUGH. I stay home full-time with my son, and while he is very social, he is also super routine-based. Disney World throws a huge loop in what he’s used to. He really enjoys the characters and the rides, but he also takes a 1-3 3-hour nap every day, and going back to the hotel, getting him down for a nap, and then going back really eats into that park time. And remember, that park time is EXPENSIVE. So being away hours and hours a day just really irks my nerves. He also just wants to run and explore (Who doesn’t?!), but I am one anxious mama, and with all those people around, it just freaks me out a bit. Us in front of Animal Kingdom On top of that, he’s a pretty picky eater. So when we go to Disney World, he ends up living off of the snacks I bring, oranges, and French Fries. All that to say, this is just a good year to take a break. He LOVES all things Disney, and I am super eager to take him next year. He will be older, nap times won’t be as big of a deal, he will be potty trained, and life in the parks will simply be easier. He will be able to ride more attractions, too, which I am PUMPED about. This isn’t me telling you not to take your little one to Disney. The pictures and memories I have from his past few trips were worth every penny. But it’s also ok to wait to take your little one when you really know they will fully be able to enjoy it. To each their own! Emmitt at Disneyland 9 Fool-Proof HACKS for Traveling With Kids to Disney World Closures, Closures, Closures! On top of all my other complaints above (this isn’t like me, I swear), I also decided that there were simply too many closures happening this year. Test Track was closed for a good bit of the year (it has reopened). Big Thunder Mountain is closed, along with Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Spaceship Earth is closing for a bit. The Muppets Courtyard is gone. Frontierland is a ghost town. Tom Sawyer Island — gone. Rivers of America — gone. The Liberty Belle — gone. DinoLand — a construction mess filled with closures. Big Thunder next to the Rivers of America Overall You get the point. There’s just a lot that has been taken away this year. And while I am SO eager for the future and know that ride refurbishments and changes are needed, it just pushed me to want to book a trip to Disney World next year instead. I love Disney World and I can’t wait to be back, truly. But these are the reasons that really pushed me to avoid going this year. See the CHEAPEST days to go to Disney World in 2026 — here! Are you skipping a trip to Disney World? Let’s chat about it in the comments below!The post Why I'm NOT Going to Disney World This Year first appeared on the disney food blog.View the full article Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.