I Was a Disney World Cast Member. These Are the 3 Places NOBODY Wants to Work.

Being a Disney World Cast Member isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. Not many Cast Members will tell ya that, but I will!

2024-wdw-haunted-mansion-cast-member-con

We’re here to talk about Cast Member roles!

The hours are long, the weather is HOT, and people can have some not-so-magical attitudes. I used to work at the Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom, and although most of my friends were my fellow maids, I did have a few friends in other roles. Well, friends talk, and you find out the BEST roles to have at Disney World, and you find out the WORST roles to have at Disney World. The consensus among Cast Members might surprise you!

Now, I truly believe that there is value and magic to be made in every single role at Disney World. The parks and hotels truly would not be what they are without every single person who works there. However, there are a few jobs that a lot of folks go into the experience NOT wanting. Like, they’re vehemently opposed to these jobs. Let’s talk about it!

Quick Service Food Locations

When it comes to quick service food locations, a lot of folks don’t like the work because it’s like working at a fast food joint. You’re handling and distributing raw and prepackaged foods, working in an extremely fast-paced and often HOT environment, and dealing with hungry folks all day.

wdw-dhs-woodys-lunch-box-atmos-menu-anim

Mobile Order window at Woody’s Lunch Box

Plus, you do rotate throughout your shifts to positions that require you to keep the dining room clean and clean up after folks. Other times, you might be handling transactions at checkout. While a LOT of folks enjoy their quick service jobs, most of my friends didn’t! And that’s okay!

Click here to check out our favorite THEME PARK seafood fast food spot

ESPN

ESPN Wide World of Sports is located on Disney World property and hosts a wide variety of events throughout the year, from runDisney to cheer and dance competitions. A shift at ESPN during these times can include selling merchandise, handing out packets and information, distributing race bibs, and even just…standing there.

2024-WDW-ESPN-Wide-World-of-Sports-Produ

ESPN Wide World of Sports

The worst part about this job is during the off-season when nothing is happening, though. The Cast Members either just stand around, help stock, or they’re deployed to other locations — which is often stroller parking at the parks.

Anywhere in Magic Kingdom

While Magic Kingdom is my favorite park to visit, I will admit that I had a few qualms with working there. For one, it’s always very busy. Another, it’s often open later than a lot of the parks. This usually wasn’t an issue, but on the nights that I worked extended evening hours, it wasn’t unusual for me to work from 7PM to 2AM. And then, after I drove home and got ready for bed, I was in bed at like 3:15AM.

2024-wdw-haunted-mansion-cast-member-con

Me at the Haunted Mansion

It wasn’t bad, but I won’t say that the weird schedule didn’t annoy me at times. I also know that a lot of pals of mine didn’t enjoy the many, many, many children that were running around the park. Personally, I love kiddos, and this was one of the many highlights of my job. However, it’s not for everybody.

Click here for some Magic Kingdom SECRETS

Well…is it what you expected? While I know several people who worked in all of these (and even worked in Magic Kingdom myself) and enjoyed their jobs, they do have the potential to be not-so-magical. But, the good news is that if you keep an open mind and focus on the tiny ways you can make magic and sunshine happen during every shift, your experience has the potential to be phenomenal. I just know it!

We’ll be sure to keep you updated with more Disney news, so make sure to follow along so that you’re always in the loop.

Looking for more Cast Member takes? Click here! 

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.

DFBGuide-ShortCode-Image-1.png

Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.

Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!

What’s your dream job at Disney World? Let us know in the comments! 

The post I Was a Disney World Cast Member. These Are the 3 Places NOBODY Wants to Work. first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article