Timeshare Act for Florida

Disney4me

I have went to the Florida Senate Website. It clearly states that the following is Florida Law.

Section 721.06 Contracts for purchase of timeshare interests

You may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within 10 calendar days after the date you sign this contract or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you pursuant to section 721.07(6), Florida Statutes, whichever is later. If you decide to cancel this contract, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to (Name of Seller) at (Address of Seller) . Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation right is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your 10-day cancellation period, is prohibited.

A statement that, in the event the purchaser cancels the contract during a 10-day cancellation period, the developer will refund to the purchaser the total amount of all payments made by the purchaser under the contract, reduced by the proportion of any contract benefits the purchaser has actually received under the contract prior to the effective date of the cancellation. The statement shall further provide that the refund will be made within 20 days after receipt of notice of cancellation or within 5 days after receipt of funds from the purchaser's cleared check, whichever is later. A seller and a purchaser shall agree in writing on a specific value for each contract benefit received by the purchaser for purposes of this paragraph. The term "contract benefit" shall not include purchaser public offering statements or other documentation or materials that must be furnished to a purchaser pursuant to statute or rule.

I am not a lawyer so all I can say is to follow what the ACT states about mailing the letter. Mail with a copy of the above LAW. :rolleyes: