Gaston’s Tavern Now Serving Sandwiches “Roughly the Size of a Barge”

Disney4me

In yet another twist to the menu at Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland, Gaston has added some mammoth, meaty sandwiches to the offerings.

You may know that we have long bemoaned the loss of the Pork Shank, which was the Tavern’s signature item when New Fantasyland opened in 2012. Ever since that was removed from the menu, it’s felt like Gaston’s Tavern has lost its footing somewhat in figuring out what to serve (awesome Cinnamon Rollwith extra icing, please! — notwithstanding). Though they did have a decent Tavern Beef Stew for a spell, entree-style items have been largely absent from the menu here.

But for a place with such terrific atmosphere, we wanted more of a reason to linger in the setting in addition to the sweet snacks primarily featured on the menu. Yep, I call the atmosphere “terrific.” Because you know Gaston… he loves his compliments!

Gaston's Tavern -- Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland

Gaston’s Tavern — Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland

Plus, it truly is an awesome setting…

Gaston's Portrait and Fireplace

Gaston’s Portrait and Fireplace

Gaston's Chair

Gaston’s Chair

Anyway, these new sandwiches just may provide that excuse! First on the list is the new Ham, Brie, and Grain Mustard Sandwich served with chips. (And you’ll never hear me complain about Brie anywhere!)

Gaston's Tavern Menu

Gaston’s Tavern Food Menu

The other offering — also served with chips — is the Smoked Turkey, Swiss, and Cranberry Aioli Sandwich.

Sandwiches on the Menu

Sandwiches on the Menu

And you can choose, of course, to wash either of those down with a nice, cold LeFou’s Brew!

LeFou's Brew from Gaston's Tavern in Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland

LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland

So what do you think? Will these sandwiches tempt you to spend more time at Gaston’s Tavern? Do you think they’re just in the mix for Spring Break and then we’ll lose them?

P.S. I’m not anti the new sandwiches, myself… but please bring back the Pork Shank, Gaston!!!

Will you be trying one of the new sandwiches at Gaston’s Tavern? Please let us know with a comment!

Don’t Miss Out on Any Disney Fun!

The 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, is now available!

2017 DFB Guide to WDW Dining Cover March 6

With more than 650 pages, the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full of tips and planning tools developed by Disney World experts over 20+ years of visits. We’ve done the research for you, so you’ll know just which spots will uniquely suit your family’s needs!

With mini-reviews of every single restaurant, bar, lounge, kiosk and more; an entire chapter on the best snacks in Disney World; full Disney Dining Plan analysis (and how to get FREE dining); and a full chapter on discounts and deals; you’ll have everything you need to plan your best vacation yet. Click here to order your copy of the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining E-book with code WDW2018 to save 25% today!

Use code WDW2018 at check-out for a 25% off the cover price! Our guides are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose. :-)

ready-to-shop-button

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article