Why things get deleted

Disney4me

This was a response to a member that complained to the group about getting posts deleted and the consistency in deciding which posts were deleted.  I thought it might help answer the same question for others so it was placed in the files section of the page.

I often state when I say to keep the posts on track that they should be news and information posts about the parks or DVC, Posts should be DVC, DCL, travel or park related. We use to allow self-serving posts like "I got my Magic Bands Today!" but with the number of people in the group it is not practical to encourage those types of post anymore. They may be fun for a few but overall they do not benefit the group. Any photos from the parks are OK because members want to see them. So here is an example of 2 food photos in which one would be deleted and one not deleted:

Photo one: A photo of a Mickey waffle on a plate at Crystal Palace. The sun is shining through the windows and you can see Pooh all blurry in the background. People what to see pictures from the World, especially ones that are "what's happening now" type of photos.

Photo two: A picture of a Mickey waffle on a plate from your kitchen made with a MM waffle maker from Walmart with the self-serving title of. "Enjoying waffles Disney style at home. It is not in the park, it has nothing to do with the page it is just a picture of a waffle you made so it will be deleted.

Our about section does state pictures from WDW are welcome.

Humble brag posts will often get deleted too.

Countdown posts will get deleted.
I did a survey once and over 1500 members responded over one weekend that they had at least one confirmed reservation for a WDW stay. Posting your countdown is for your personal page, on here everyone is going to Disney and you are not unique. Thank God most of the members realize that and don't post DME docs, Magic Bands, and countdowns, the page would be overrun by them.

Duplicate posts will get deleted.

A rumor like the Hollywood Studios name change spawned several posts. Everyone wants to show they are so in the know so they don't check the page first, they just post. Now if you want to follow the comments they are all spread out among multiple posts and I want to keep the page as streamlined as a page with this many members can be. People comment and the same news bounces all over the page. Part of my reasoning has to do with the way FB delivers content to your news feed which I won't get into. Multiple posts also push down the posts of people that have a question and I would rather have someone’s question answered about DVC then a ton of posts about the same news story.

Consistency,

You don't know what is going on in the admins life so if you see a type of post that is up but you had one similar that was removed it is because we aren't on FB. The thing to remember is it is just managing the page it is nothing personal.

Overall it is easy to figure out what should and should not be posted here. Ask yourself does this benefit the members of the group or am I posting this to self-serve my ego or to make others jealous etc.
Id the topic about WDW, Traveling to WDW, DCL, DVC properties outside of WDW, or any aspect of park touring (example FastPass, Memory Maker, TIW, DDP etc…) and a little about Disneyland.

I use this philosophy when deciding to delete or not. The posts that fall in the middle (B) are the ones that are not black and white and some will be left up and some will be deleted on a case by case basis. If I feel the posts falls on the hard left (A) it is deleted without question. Posts that fall on the right (C) are the type of posts that get all the likes. 

Members do ask for deletion clarification but I don't have the time to PM people every time I delete something. I will respond to those that PM me if I remember to check my "other" folder. Those that complain on the page get booted because it states in the rules to not take up admin issues publicly and to PM them.